Can anyone advise me on what sort of apps are movable to the SD card for Nokia 1Plus storage?

I've recently purchased Nokia 1 Plus mobile phone.  Research gave me the understanding that I can use a 4-128 gb micro SD card for internal storage, but it now …

Can anyone advise me on what sort of apps are movable to the SD card for Nokia 1Plus storage?

I've recently purchased Nokia 1 Plus mobile phone.  Research gave me the understanding that I can use a 4-128 gb micro SD card for internal storage, but it now seems I can only use that for photos and 'some apps'.  The cost of the 128 gb card adds significantly to the price of the phone and I'm  debating sending it back if I still won't get extra general storage.  I don't play games or lots of music.  I have saved nothing, but the system shows I have only 2.64 gb free.  Having seen how some security updates gradually increase the storage used, I'm concerned that I could be left with insufficient space.  Can anyone advise me, please?  Thanks. 

Best Answer

Answers

• va57 va57
    ✭✭  / 
    After installing SD Card, it has to be formatted for "Internal Storage" then Android System is expected to take care.  Users have very little control
  • to VA57 - Thanks for trying to help me with my query.  Whilst your response doesn't actually answer my question, I have found that the apps which are already loaded (particularly MAPS GO) are sufficient for my purpose and I have decided to keep the phone.
  • adylanchng adylanchng
    ✭✭✭  / 
    It is very hard to list out a list incomplete or complete of application that can be moved to the micro SD card. As va57 mentioned, it's best you use the SD card as internal storage.
  • to adylanchng Thanks for your response.  My concern was the amount of space of the 8 gb that the actual system takes up and, if the Micro SD card only takes 'storage' of photos and videos (neither of which I would use much), I couldn't understand what the point was of having an SD card.  As I explained to VA57 I have found the info I needed from another source and am sure the p[hone is suitable for my purposes.  I don't know how to close the discussion on this forum.  If anyone can help me, I'd appreciate it!  Thanks.