Officially Roll Back from Oreo 8.1 to Nougat 7.1.1 Build

Nokia 2 owners today I wanna share an interesting information with you!

Officially Roll Back from Oreo 8.1 to Nougat 7.1.1 Build

Gustnado Gustnado
✭✭  /  edited October 24
Nokia 2 owners today I wanna share an interesting information with you!

I was stuck on Oreo 8.1 with August 2019 SP!(Btw I'm on Oreo build since beta days(June 2018), then suddenly got roll back Nougat 7.1.1 build with July 2019 SP!

What's going on @HMD Global?

Btw now I'm waiting for August, September and October 2019 Google SP!
Tagged:

Comments

• Gustnado Gustnado
    ✭✭  / 
    Bad news! After official downgraded to nougat 7.1.1 build, android recovery mode stuck on Oreo 8.1 bootloader ( this is 2nd time since the stable Oreo released(February 2019)!

And wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition not working! Idk whether I'll receive further security updates or not!
  • demonicshady demonicshady
    ✭✭  / 
    This has been the issue when official rollback was available. That was why some users rollbacked unofficially through Oreo Beta
  • Gustnado Gustnado
    ✭✭  /  edited October 26
    @demonicshady

Idk what's wrong with hmd, i was waiting for Sep, Oct 2019 Google SP(OREO 8.1) build but got the roll back nougat bricked build! I think they're targeting old beta testers (Oreo) because i just asked them V1.15M Oreo 8.1(July 2018 second beta) build and nothing else, and it was the only Normal android (without go optimize) bug less build that performed well.but they gave me bogus roll back build!

Btw I'm also escaped from that nightmare with the help of super talented user and my old beta tester (Oreo) @user1520881638007 ;
    Right now I'm on 00WW-0-680-SP07 build with June 2019 SP!

Thank you very much @user1520881638007 for your kind support, still i couldn't believe that I did with SD card only (without PC)!

And right now I'm collecting cats😄😄😄 waiting for further security patches!

• Gustnado Gustnado
    ✭✭  /  edited October 28
    Nokia 2 owners after waiting 2 and half days on nougat 7.1.1(00WW-0-680-SP07) build with June 2019 SP! Now i received all July to October 2019 Google Security patches!

So Nokia 2 running on Oreo 8.1 users please never ever roll back V0.68N bricked official nougat build and Stay on Oreo build, wait for Oreo web page reactivation! And @HMD Global stop cheating Nokia 2 beta testers(Oreo) and release any regular android Oreo 8.1( without go optimize) build upgrade asap!

What the F........ really! am i escaped from that freaking Nightmare?😆😆😆
  • deletionism deletionism
    ✭✭  /  edited October 29
    Mine is still stuck at May 2019 Oreo Security update. No updates or rollbacks ever since May.
  • Mine is still stuck at May 2019 Oreo Security update. No updates or rollbacks ever since May.

I am stuck on May 2019(Oreo) too.
    No any updates afterwards