October 19 SP Update - The Sweet Spot

Hi guys I've been using the Nokia 5.1 Plus from the first day of release. My experience with this phone is very different from other phones I've used so far.

October 19 SP Update - The Sweet Spot

Hi guys I've been using the Nokia 5.1 Plus from the first day of release. My experience with this phone is very different from other phones I've used so far. Out of the box the phone was running on "Android 8 Oreo", the experience was great. The interface is fast, great battery life, ram management etc...   Everything was going smooth and then comes the "Android 9 Pie Software Update" which spoils the user experience by a huge margin. The battery backup has reduced, poor ram management, apps stops receiving notifications, can't use apps with running services (like applock, gesture control, call recording etc...).
      It took almost 10 months for Nokia to fix most of the issues or bugs in Pie. The October 19 SP Update is the better version till date in Pie and one can stop updating further (coming SP and MR Updates) to avoid the risk of possible bugs in the coming updates. What I'm trying to tell is that October 19 SP Update is a sweet spot for Nokia 5.1 Plus.

The October 19 SP Update improves;

- Battery Backup
- Ram Management
- User Interface
- Software Optimization
- User Experience

Tagged:

Comments

• Roger Mathew Roger Mathew
    ✭✭  / 
    Yes, but now that Android 10 is on the way , the cycle will repeat 😂🤙🏻
  • Shamal Muhammed Shamal Muhammed
    ✭✭  /  edited November 2
    The fact is Nokia doesn't know how to improve, so they develop bugs within the updates and fix them. 😉
  • Thanuj Thanuj
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @Roger Mathew Atleast with my experience on Android 10 leaked builds, The upcoming release is worth looking forward to. FiH looks like they put some kind of effort in preparing the Android 10 builds compared to Android 9.