Are NFC payments working?

Is there a person that is successfully using Google Pay or some other payment app for successfully making payments using NFC?

Are NFC payments working?

Juha L Juha L
✭✭  / 
Is there a person that is successfully using Google Pay or some other payment app for successfully making payments using NFC?

I have a supported card in Google Pay and I have also tried to use my bank's app for making payments using NFC. Unfortunately all the payment terminals I have tried to use the phone with have always shown "unknown card" or a similar error.

NFC connection itself seems to work since I'm able to read e.g. normal NFC tags.

I have successfully made payments with NFC with the same apps with my previous phone, so I know it should in theory work.

Comments

• youhippy youhippy
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I'm able to use google pay. I've been buying enough Costa coffees to know this. 
    Have you been able to use it before? 
  • Juha L Juha L
    ✭✭  / 
    On my Nokia 9 I don't think I've ever successfully used it. But as the payments are working at least for someone, I might try to do a factory reset and try once more.
  • Mirko Mirko
    ✭✭  / 
    Payment works, but it might be useful to know where the NFC Chip is located on the backside.
  • Hmm the funny thing is, with Nokia 7.2 I am not allowed to download Google pay at all :/
  • petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Juha L said:

I have a supported card in Google Pay and I have also tried to use my bank's app for making payments using NFC. Unfortunately all the payment terminals I have tried to use the phone with have always shown "unknown card" or a similar error.

NFC connection itself seems to work since I'm able to read e.g. normal NFC tags.

I have successfully made payments with NFC with the same apps with my previous phone, so I know it should in theory work.
    Hi, I have this problem too. I wrote in support and got an answer that they were looking for a solution to me. I've been waiting for about a month and nothing.
  • Lubos Oravec Lubos Oravec
    ✭✭  /  edited November 2019
    I'm using NFC payments with 2 different cards from 2 different banks on daily bases and it is working without any issue so far.
  • Maxstr Maxstr
    ✭✭  / 
    Works flawlessly for me when I use it at Walgreens. It even scans my loyalty card 
  • petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi all,

If you have this problem:

Support suggested a solution for me:

After investigating the case, we should ask you to send your device for repair in our care center, as the software have to be reflashed.

I know it’s never a nice thing to have to send your phone back for repair. We’ve made the process as swift and smooth as we can.

Our online repair service allows you to easily schedule your Nokia smartphone for repair, and provides a large number of drop-off locations for your convenience.

Please, go to https://nokia.ebuilder.com/en_SK/repair and just follow the steps provided and you’ll be guided through our repair wizard which will help you print out a label. At the third step, you’ll be asked for the IMEI number of your device - you can find it on the box or on the SIM tray of your device.

With the label attached to your phone, you can go to the nearest DHL drop-off location, and your phone will be send to us – and back to you - free of charge.

I hope you’ll have your phone back quickly. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us again.
  • youhippy youhippy
    ✭✭✭  / 
    It's frustrating when they think you'll just up and send your phone in and not have one to use for a week or two. 
    "borrow a phone from a family member or friend" 
    Because of course they'll have a spare phone. 
  • [{"insert":"nokia 6.1 plus tolong aktipin NFC\n"}]
  • amaljoe amaljoe
    ✭✭✭  / 

Did you unlock the bootloader or something? That can cause such issues. Heard that it was fairly easy to unlock bootloader of 7.2 and Nokia is currently fixing it.

• Juha L Juha L
    ✭✭  / 

I've tried NFC payments after every update since Oct 2019 . After most the recent January 2020 security patch (00WW_5_13D_SP02) the payments just magically started to work for me. Not sure if it's the patch or something else though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Thajudeen Thajudeen
    ✭✭  / 

Am using 3.2 Nokia where it doesn't support NFC payments , I do a lot of transaction per day so it was really helpful if my phone supports NFC

• Siema_CoTam Siema_CoTam
    ✭✭  / 

Yes, it is working.

• petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

My NFC problem was not fixed by the service center. Finally I managed to replace the phone piece with a piece and I no longer have a problem.

• Scott Hoffman Scott Hoffman
    ✭✭  / 

NFC payments work fine for me.

Nokia 7.2 in US.