6.1 lagging for the last few weeks (October 2019 Security Patch to blame?)

My phone has been laggy for the last few weeks, particularly when playing games.  These are games which heretofore have run smoothly (Free Rider HD is a good sample as it is nearly unplayable).  It seems to coincide with the October 2019 patch.  Has anyone had any related problems with this patch?  Any rec's for anything I can try to figure out why it's so laggy?

6.1 lagging for the last few weeks (October 2019 Security Patch to blame?)

James Baca James Baca
✭✭  / 
My phone has been laggy for the last few weeks, particularly when playing games.  These are games which heretofore have run smoothly (Free Rider HD is a good sample as it is nearly unplayable).  It seems to coincide with the October 2019 patch.  Has anyone had any related problems with this patch?  Any rec's for anything I can try to figure out why it's so laggy?

Thanks!

Comments

• tudor georgescu tudor georgescu
    ✭✭✭  /  edited November 2
    IMHO, Nokia has disabled aggressive killing of background applications. Perhaps that's the problem and you will have to close all background apps manually. They cannot make everybody happy.

Otherwise this phone wasn't meant for gaming, it is a middle-range model, not a top model.
  • James Baca James Baca
    ✭✭  / 
    Thanks for the reply.

Here's a request for anyone with a Nokia 6.1 and the October security patch.  Could you install Free Rider HD and tell me how it performs?  Thanks!
  • jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Thanks for the reply.

Here's a request for anyone with a Nokia 6.1 and the October security patch.  Could you install Free Rider HD and tell me how it performs?  Thanks!
    James 

Have you tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling?   Maybe something with the app has changed?  I will try it tomorrow 😊.
  • James Baca James Baca
    ✭✭  / 
    jdi000 said:
    Thanks for the reply.

James 

Have you tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling?   Maybe something with the app has changed?  I will try it tomorrow 😊.
    I did...couple of times.  Even completely cleared app storage before uninstalling.  Thanks for the suggestion.