Help Needed Regarding Camera

I am having Nokia 7 Plus and Nokia 9 Pureview.

Help Needed Regarding Camera

praveenp praveenp
✭✭✭  / 

I have had EXTREMELY BAD experience with high shutter speeds with my Nokia 7 Plus as the images NEVER turned out to be what I wanted them to be like. All images that I ever clicked at higher shutter speeds have been COMPLETELY WASHED OUT... Like COMPLETE WHITE IMAGE.
I thought that may be the camera of mobiles isn't much powerful and compatible to click such images. So never tried again. 

Recently, I tried the same thing with my Nokia 9 Pureview.. And IT WAS A SHOCKER FOR ME... 
For exactly same settings, the images were NOT WHITE AT ALL. And now I found that my device itself is faulty... 

Can any Nokia 7 Plus user post their images??

Below are the images from the two devices with exact same settings 
ISO= 100
Shutter Speed = 4 sec (max for Nokia 7 Plus)
White Balance= Auto
Since there is no option for manual focus on Nokia 9 Pureview, it was left.

Without me telling what image is of what camera,, you'll easily recognise it

Can you help me in any way... 

@HMDLaura

Comments

• Lazysince1995 Lazysince1995
    ✭✭✭  / 
    praveenp said:

I have had EXTREMELY BAD experience with high shutter speeds with my Nokia 7 Plus as the images NEVER turned out to be what I wanted them to be like. All images that I ever clicked at higher shutter speeds have been COMPLETELY WASHED OUT... Like COMPLETE WHITE IMAGE.
    I thought that may be the camera of mobiles isn't much powerful and compatible to click such images. So never tried again. 

Recently, I tried the same thing with my Nokia 9 Pureview.. And IT WAS A SHOCKER FOR ME... 
    For exactly same settings, the images were NOT WHITE AT ALL. And now I found that my device itself is faulty... 

ISO= 100
    White Balance= Auto

@HMDLaura
    @praveenp ;

First of all watch few tutorials regarding manual settings of mobile phone. 

You can't apply same settings for Idea same condition for different phone or even same phone everytime. 

4 sec is not high shutter Speed actually it's slow shutter photography. 1sec and above is termed as slow shutter photography. 

Slow shutter photography can be applied where light is moving or there is some light trail or low light or some moving objects. 

Check out few of my slow shutter pics -

• praveenp praveenp
    ✭✭✭  / 
    praveenp said:

ISO= 100
    White Balance= Auto

@HMDLaura
    @praveenp ;

You can't apply same settings for Idea same condition for different phone or even same phone everytime. 

4 sec is not high shutter Speed actually it's slow shutter photography. 1sec and above is termed as slow shutter photography. 

Slow shutter photography can be applied where light is moving or there is some light trail or low light or some moving objects. 

Sorry for the error... I meant to say SLOW SHUTTER SPEED...

My problem is not with how to use the manual mode for slow shutter speeds, as I have been using it very often on my camera.

The problem is that on my Nokia 7 Plus, every photo with SLOWER shutter speeds turns out to be COMPLETELY WHITE... And today when I clicked with same settings on my 9 Pureview, the image was different.
  • user389 user389
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Maybe 4 seconds is too long exposure time for the scene?
    - What's the shutter speed and ISO for the same motive in auto mode?
    - Try set the ISO, and maybe use the exposure compensation in manual mode, and leave the shutter speed on auto?
  • Lazysince1995 Lazysince1995
    ✭✭✭  / 
    praveenp said:
    praveenp said:

ISO= 100
    White Balance= Auto

@HMDLaura
    @praveenp ;

Sorry for the error... I meant to say SLOW SHUTTER SPEED...

My problem is not with how to use the manual mode for slow shutter speeds, as I have been using it very often on my camera.

The problem is that on my Nokia 7 Plus, every photo with SLOWER shutter speeds turns out to be COMPLETELY WHITE... And today when I clicked with same settings on my 9 Pureview, the image was different.

Normal indoor 12v LED bulb condition - 
    try 1/100 on iso 100 =  very dark or complete dark 
    1/60 on iso 100 = slight dark
    1/10 on iso 100 = normal
    1/2 on iso 100    = overepose
    1 sec on iso 100  = White washed 
    4 sec or more      = overexpose

You need to play with shutter speed and ISO.
    Every phone collect different amount of light (Very low variation). You can't expect same results for same settings on every phone.