Screen lock options problem

The (Image) fingerprint lock option has been unavailable from the last 2 months. I thought maybe it is happening for some bugs in it.

Screen lock options problem

Babamoni Babamoni
✭✭  / 
The fingerprint lock option has been unavailable from the last 2 months. I thought maybe it is happening for some bugs in it. But it is not resolved yet. I am very disappointed by this. Please do something soon. Tired of drawing patterns on the screen. 

Comments

• Kimble303 Kimble303
    ✭✭  / 
    No problem here. Fingerprint option is available OK.

• Babamoni Babamoni
    ✭✭  / 
    Help me. I need the option.

• Kimble303 Kimble303
    ✭✭  / 
    Have you tested the fingerprint sensor of your phone with Testing Menu? 

See the video (below) and open your Testing Menu and scroll down to Fingerprint tests. The "Pass" will be displayed very shortly if the sensor works OK.

• Babamoni Babamoni
    ✭✭  / 
    It's nokia 7.1. nothing is coming out through this steps

• Kimble303 Kimble303
    ✭✭  /  edited November 12
    Babamoni said:
    It's nokia 7.1.

If you refer to the linked video, those "secret codes" work with 7.1 as well.
  • Babamoni Babamoni
    ✭✭  / 
    But trust me i am dialing the secret codes as per the video suggestions. But after the codes are dialled nothing pops out in my screen. Why is that happening? Is my 7.1 a defected piece?
  • Kimble303 Kimble303
    ✭✭  / 
    Babamoni said:
    But trust me i am dialing the secret codes as per the video suggestions. But after the codes are dialled nothing pops out in my screen.
    Are you absolutely sure that you are dialing the right codes?

*#*#372733#*#*

Notice that first characters are
    *#*#
    but the last are
    #*#*

Can you notice the difference?:
    *#*#
    #*#*

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  /  edited November 15

@Babamoni

Have you backed up your data and done a factory reset? Either you have a bad sensor (contact support for help) or the reset will clear it up.

• Babamoni Babamoni
    ✭✭  / 

I think I have a bad sensor