Nokia 7.2 October Security Update and Maintenance Release

Please let the community know how many among us received the October Security Update along with the Maintenance release for Nokia 7.2.

Nokia 7.2 October Security Update and Maintenance Release

SwastikN. SwastikN.
✭✭✭  / 
Please let the community know how many among us received the October Security Update along with the Maintenance release for Nokia 7.2. Please share the name of your country. 
Tagged:

Comments

• SwastikN. SwastikN.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    In India- Not Available yet.
  • jmb123 jmb123
    ✭✭  / 
    Netherlands, not available yet. Support chat was not helpful, they have no direct control over when it will actually be available.
  • matthewkuhl matthewkuhl
    ✭✭  / 
    Not available in America as of 10 November
  • chiraggohil chiraggohil
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Please let the community know how many among us received the October Security Update along with the Maintenance release for Nokia 7.2. Please share the name of your country. 
    Not received in India as of 10 november
  • Mviswa Mviswa
    ✭✭  / 
    Not for me either (from India)

As per this - https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_int/security-updates?utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=Admitad+Media+Private+Limited&utm_campaign=performance&utm_term=CPS-1036

Oct patch is available for build 00WW_1_270, mine is 00WW_1_200 which is still at Sept SP
  • SwastikN. SwastikN.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @HMDLaura @WesleyLee
    It's been 15 days (28th October, 2019 - 12th November, 2019) since the release of the new maintenance release, but only a single user have reported receiving the update for Nokia 7.2. If its delayed, please notify.
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Mviswa said:
    Not for me either (from India)

As per this - https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_int/security-updates?utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=Admitad+Media+Private+Limited&utm_campaign=performance&utm_term=CPS-1036

Oct patch is available for build 00WW_1_270, mine is 00WW_1_200 which is still at Sept SP

That's the post build. When 1200 receives the October update, the final build will be 1270 (after installing the update).
  • Lazysince1995 Lazysince1995
    ✭✭✭  / 
    HMD Global is delivering the latest Security Patches to your Android smartphone as quickly as possible. However, there are several factors which may affect the date you actually receive an update. 
    The main reason for delay of security and maintenance updates is OS upgrade and other factors related to it.
  • jmb123 jmb123
    ✭✭  / 
    This is the reply I got:
    However, there are several factors which may affect the date you actually receive an update. These factors include device model, region, location, operator approvals, and Google’s Security Patch Monthly Release announcement. Security Patches are also sometimes included with Maintenance Releases.

• SwastikN. SwastikN.
    ✭✭✭  /  edited November 12
    HMD Global is delivering the latest Security Patches to your Android smartphone as quickly as possible. However, there are several factors which may affect the date you actually receive an update. 
    The main reason for delay of security and maintenance updates is OS upgrade and other factors related to .

• SwastikN. SwastikN.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @Lazysince1995
    I agree with your words, but don't you think HMD Global is unusually late in providing this update? As they have already published in the update tracker that it is being released, so we the users don't know whether they are working on it again, by delaying the rollout. Shouldn't they make an announcement that the update has been delayed or something similar to let the user community be in the know?

Like you, we are Nokia Fans too. We love Nokia. The rest is upon you..
    With regards,
    Swastik N.
  • Miranda Vance Miranda Vance
    ✭✭  / 
    The main reason for delay of security and maintenance updates is OS upgrade and other factors related to it.
    Then it would be great to wait for 2 years to receive the last build with Android 11 with the most stable build. No builds can be 100% errorless. Then why we are here for Android One? Updates right? We can then go to EmUI or something Anti-Stock Android, they offer stable builds but updates months later.
  • ron2010 ron2010
    ✭✭  / 
    not in Belgium, maybe next year together with 10. I expect not monthly patches but every 3 months.
  • matthewkuhl matthewkuhl
    ✭✭  / 
    ron2010 said:
    not in Belgium, maybe next year together with 10. I expect not monthly patches but every 3 months.
    Then you missed the point of Android One: Up-to-date on monthly security bulletins
  • Amit Mayekar Amit Mayekar
    ✭✭  / 
    As of 13 November October security update (in indiia) not received
  • ron2010 ron2010
    ✭✭  / 
    ron2010 said:
    Then you missed the point of Android One: Up-to-date on monthly security bulletins
    but that's the point. Nokia 7.2 declare all around the world that it's an Android one phone also when he received not any update since months. And about volte. My provider support vOLTE but it's locked by Nokia'
  • SwastikN. SwastikN.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Look at what Nokia Support is saying. Haha
  • jmb123 jmb123
    ✭✭  / 
    There must be a magic word resulting in a manager noticing this problem. The replies are just scripted.
  • Jasmeetsingh Jasmeetsingh
    ✭✭  / 
    Not yet received Swastik N. said:
    Look at what Nokia Support is saying. Haha
    After this have your device updated.
  • jmb123 jmb123
    ✭✭  / 
    On nokiamob there is a person from Pakistan who got the update. Others didn't get the update.
  • SwastikN. SwastikN.
    ✭✭✭  / 

I think HMD is attaching the November 2019 update with the Maintenance Release for Nokia 7.2. As HMD has already pushed November patch to Nokia 9 Pureview and Nokia 3.1 Plus, it might be speculated the HMD will do the same with 7.2.

• Appel Appel
    ✭✭  / 
    [{"insert":"No update in Germany,too. Still using the September sec. Level. \n"}]
  • AJL AJL
     / 
    USA - Not Available Yet.

:disappointed:
  • Aju145 Aju145
    ✭✭  / 

Does any one got the update of Nov security patch? I'm from India and I don't know when it will come

• Master223 Master223
    ✭✭  / 
    Украина. Патч за октябрь не получил и очень этим недоволен. Поддержка Гугл оказывается не такая как обещали, с такими темпами 10 андроид можем получить под конец 2020 года.
  • Master223 Master223
    ✭✭  / 
    > @Swastik N. said:
    > I think HMD is attaching the November 2019 update with the Maintenance Release for Nokia 7.2. As HMD has already pushed November patch to Nokia 9 Pureview and Nokia 3.1 Plus, it might be speculated the HMD will do the same with 7.2.

Может и сделает но когда оно дойдёт к нам, пользователям 7.2?
  • SwastikN. SwastikN.
    ✭✭✭  /  edited November 16

@Master223 Как вы, наверное, знаете, пользовательский интерфейс Nokia 7.2 полон ошибок, поэтому Nokia тратит слишком много времени на их исправление. Но мы не будем терять надежду. Я думаю, что обновление будет отправлено по всему миру к концу следующей недели.

As you probably know, the Nokia 7.2 user interface is full of errors, so Nokia is spending too much time fixing them. But we will not loose hope. I think the update will be sent worldwide by the end of next week.

• ron2010 ron2010
    ✭✭  / 

Personaly i expect oktober patch and bugfixes sat the end of this year and Android 10 somewhere in spring 2020.

• Ashutoshh Ashutoshh
    ✭✭  / 

@Swastik N. You should use tweeter instead of community. To rise any query or to get answered from nokia it's the only way.

• SwastikN. SwastikN.
    ✭✭✭  /  edited November 17

@Ashutoshh : You know HMD and their Twitter templates. They will direct you to use thier links to connect to Support, now the Support will say to visit the nearest Nokia Care. But in the community we have @HMDLaura and @WesleyLee who are HMD internals. So they do manage things internally at HMD.

When I raised this specific issue through Twitter @NokiaMobile replied with their usual template and redirected me to the Nokia Smartphones Security Maintenance Website, where you get the same result, released on October 29, 2019 but nobody received except one person from Pakistan.