Nokia 6.1 Plus security patch not updating

since August my phone is not getting security updates, even on wifi if i clicked on check for updates its its s showing your phone is updated.

Nokia 6.1 Plus security patch not updating

since August my phone is not getting security updates, even on wifi if i clicked on check for updates its its s showing your phone is updated.
as per android one program it has to get updates every month or so.

Comments

• since August my phone is not getting security updates, even on wifi if i clicked on check for updates its its s showing your phone is updated.
    as per android one program it has to get updates every month or so.
    there is some issue with the current build of the software that you are currently running.. the only solution is to take it a service center and ask them to install an older version of the software.
  • Vatsal Vatsal
    ✭✭  / 
    It means unless we uninstall the August patch there wont be any future updates for 6.1 plus ?
  • Vatsal said:
    It means unless we uninstall the August patch there wont be any future updates for 6.1 plus ?
    precisely YES ..so one has to visit the nearest service center to get an older version installed
  • itsKumaresh itsKumaresh
    ✭✭  / 

After reinstall older patch is your problem solved?

• [{"insert":"Can factory reset not help here instead of visiting service centre?\n"}]
  • Thehguy Thehguy
    ✭✭  / 

Will factory reset, help in getting downgrade to an older version of security patch?.. i am aslo facing same issues after i visited service centre for change of my charging port

• Lazysince1995 Lazysince1995
    Super User  / 

Only factory reset will not work so better to go to service center and install the older version to fix it.

• yes same thing happens with me and even they are not abel to downgrade

• sumantmpl sumantmpl
    ✭✭  / 

i am aslo facing same issue, no security patch updates from August.

• Prn Prn
    ✭✭  / 

Please. Go to nearest service centre and ask them to install lower version. Then you will get updates

• What the **** today is 29 dec and i still not receive december sp really not expecting it from nokia really disappointing...😣😣😣😣

• Axe-man Axe-man
    ✭✭✭  / 

Pls don't act like a child. The Security Update is just s a security update. It'll not bring you any UI changes in your device. So why bother?

We all are desperately waiting for the Android 10 update. Have patience. Nokia has already made it clear that the Android 10 update will hit the phones in Q1 2020.

They've been mentioning this on their twitter handle for quiet some time now. So just take a chill pill, plan your New Year with family and friends.

Happy New Year 2020 😉🙂

• Just visit service center .....and those didn't getting security updates please check your good play store settings ....

It shows that your device is not certified by Google play protect ......visit service center and tell them to make your device certified by Google play protect .....and then only you able to receive security updates ...... it's my personal experience

• sumantmpl sumantmpl
    ✭✭  / 

My phone is also having the same problem, after Agust I did not receive any updates but today morning I got Android 10 updates and upgraded the phone successfully, so please check yours.

• JudeOtedo JudeOtedo
    ✭✭  / 

Hello, did you change your charging port before the issue of security patch stuck at August happened?

I ask because my phone has the same issue, after I changed my charging port, & I want to know if there's hope of getting the update via OTA.

Thanks.

• Arthur Amatus Arthur Amatus
    ✭✭  / 

https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_int/security-updates

There is nothing wrong with these handsets, in the (configuration> system> About Device> scroll and you will see "Revision Number") the numbering matches the Nokia website, mine is the first 6.1 Plus model with November patch, I think this has to do with the carrier release or not the update.

• Chele Chele
    ✭✭  / 

Why not update my phone? Nokia 6.1 plus

Please help me ???

• Wizzy Wizzy
     / 

For the past few weeks my phone screen touch has been having issues, it not respond on time and the gesture most times are slow. And this morning some parts of the screen refuse to respond.

Pls what do i do now