Unreliable cellular connection :(

Hello! Here's a detailed description of my issue: 1.

Unreliable cellular connection :(

fmukbil97 fmukbil97
✭✭✭  / 

Hello!

Here's a detailed description of my issue:

1. 4G works, text works, but not phone calls (receiving neither calling); if someone calls I'm offline for him

2. After any attempt to call, the connection is either lost -offline- or connected but with lost data download/upload for a minute

3. Phone calls worked only for once (received)

Tried switching sim to 2nd trey (dual sim device) with no success; I also tried resetting configuration files with same result 

What could be the problem? What do you suggest?

Thank you in advanced...

Comments

• user389 user389
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

@fmukbil97 ,

Did you consult your mobile operator / SIM provider already?

It could be a defective SIM card, but could also be more complex. The issue is difficult to evaluate in a user forum, since it depends a lot on the mobile operator's network setup.

Please let us know how it goes.

-- Hans

• fmukbil97 fmukbil97
    ✭✭✭  / 

The phone is supposed to be "worldwide version", it's TA-1087

I got a replacement for the SIM today, unfortunately it didn't work :(

The same SIM works just fine on Nokia 8 TA-1004; Do these two share the same antenna bands?

• fmukbil97 fmukbil97
    ✭✭✭  / 

@HMDLaura Could use some help here please :)

• user389 user389
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

I'm curious, how did the mobile operator respond when the connectivity issues were explained to them? - Did they just provide the replacement SIM (for free, hopefully) or did they do any further troubleshooting?

Without knowing the technical details, it could be the Nokia 8 is VoLTE enabled at the operator and maybe the Nokia 9 is not, so it needs to establish a 3G connection for voice (handover) and fails to to so. But that's just a wild guess.

You need to use the support features in the My Phone app on the phone, or the chat and email options on the web (down the page linked below) to request help from the official HMD/Nokia support people:

• fmukbil97 fmukbil97
    ✭✭✭  / 

1. Their response was simply, bad coverage area ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2. I did ask for the SIM replacement which was free thankfully

3. Volte is not supported yet here in Jordan

4. New finding, I switched data to 3g (H+) and everything works just fine since then! - not sure why-