Notification light and Charging

Hello everyone 1- It's been a month since i am using 7.2 the problem i am facing is that the notification light doesn't blink when i receive notifications from apps except phone and messages apps.

Notification light and Charging

Manish Toor Manish Toor
✭✭✭  /  edited November 2019

Hello everyone

1- It's been a month since i am using 7.2 the problem i am facing is that the notification light doesn't blink when i receive notifications from apps except phone and messages apps. I don't know what to do.

2- My device charges slowly (charging slowly) when i try to charge it (using the box charger) but when i remove the usb c port and plug it upside down again it charges rapidly. ( What i waana say is that my phone charges fast when i insert the usb c port in a specific way).

Am i the only one facing these issues?

Best Answer

• Manish Toor Manish Toor
    ✭✭✭  /  Accepted Answer

@Swastik N. Thanks for your reply. I figured it out why it was happening. It's because of the cable. But do you've any idea why the notification light doesn't blink.

Answers

• SwastikN. SwastikN.
    ✭✭✭  / 

No, there might be some issues with your charger, or Type-C port. Please get to your nearest Nokia Care immediately as soon as you can to get your device repaired.

• SwastikN. SwastikN.
    ✭✭✭  /  edited November 2019

@Manish Toor Notification LED doesn't blink instantaneously after receiving a notification for other apps. If the notification is not seen for a short time like 5-10 minutes, it will trigger the notification LED. Also, under Settings> Security> Lock Screen Preferences keep the Settings Hide Sensitive Content to trigger it faster. Please check if the application has been permitted to use the Notification LED under Settings> Apps and Notification -> Notifications ->Select your app -> Advanced -> Notification LED -> toggle the button on. Notification LED is an application specific feature. Different applications take different times to trigger a unseen notification trigger or some apps doesn't trigger it at all.

• Manish Toor Manish Toor
    ✭✭✭  / 

@Swastik N. Alright, i didn't knew that. Btw i have provided notification light permission to all the apps. Thanks man i appreciate that you replied.

• hilavoku hilavoku
    ✭✭  / 

Hi.

I just bought the Nokia 6.2 yesterday and everything is fine on my side.

Except one thing... You guess what...

The notification LED won't light up when getting any messages from Telegram WhatsApp or my email app.

I double checked every setting now for hours. The apps have the permission and battery safe mode is off but no light.

It seems that every user of the Nokia 6.2 or 7.2 has this problem. For me it was this functionality to choose the Nokia instead of Xiaomi, Sony or the Motorola One Action...

I really hope you will fix this bug ASAP or can you already provide some useful new information to help to get out of this mess?

Many thanks in advance

Guido Nekes

• maheshxperia maheshxperia
    ✭✭  / 

Hi,

The notification light does not blink for the notifications from every app.

It blinks only for the sms, email and missedcall.

In charging time too.

• hilavoku hilavoku
    ✭✭  / 

Yeah. Sure. This is what I see but its not what I expect. Its a bug and needs to be fixed. It was the reason I bought the phone.

• CGDBZ CGDBZ
    ✭✭  / 

Absolutely the same to me, Nokia 6.2. Disappointing.

• lukass2000 lukass2000
    ✭✭  / 

Same problem on my Nokia 6.2. Absolutely disappointing :(

• Luddite Luddite
     / 

I have new Nokia 2.3 still charging for first time. There is no charging indicator light. I'm guessing there should be? Any help?

• Non12 Non12
    ✭✭  / 

Hi. The bug with the notification led needs to be fixed. There even seems to be a petition to Nokia about that. I have just signed it too. It should be easy to find 1,000 people who agree that this is annoying.

• Ethan14 Ethan14
     / 

Heyy guys

Just wanted to find out

My led notification light doesn't light whilst charging on my nokia 5....?

Can u all offer assistance