Less RAM than advertised?

My Nokia 8 box states that the device has 6 GB RAM and 128 GB ROM. However, both the DevOptions and AnTuTu Benchmark says that there is only 4 GB RAM.

Less RAM than advertised?

My Nokia 8 box states that the device has 6 GB RAM and 128 GB ROM.
However, both the DevOptions and AnTuTu Benchmark says that there is only 4 GB RAM.

What gives?

Comments

• mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭  / 

4GB for the 64GB storage model

6GB for the 128GB storage model

• Strange then, that I got a box that says the device has 6 GB RAM and 128 GB ROM - whereas the device itself reports 4 GB RAM (less, in fact; 3.9) and 128 GB ROM (well, less actually; approx 109 GB)?

• mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭  / 

You do get less storage than stated because the amount advertised doesn't include how much Android takes up and i suspect the device is sold as 128GB using a GB at 1024MB where as they all now use a GB at 1000MB so that would also lose you another 3GB off the total.

Mine is a 4/64 one and it is showing 3.63GB of RAM so as yours is showing higher i suspect it does indeed have 6GB but the system is reserving RAM for GPU usage or whatever it thinks it is going to be needed for.

• Well, since both Antutu Benchmark and Android Developer Options say that the device has (less, in fact than) 4 GB RAM I want to see evidence that confirms that the device has 6 GB RAM. If you "lose" 500 MB of RAM compared to what you should have, it is very strange I should "lose" over 2 GB compared to what the box states...
    I would assume this is an error in production for my device that easily could have been sorted out - if there was a will to do so. Nokia does not seem to have that, unfortunately.

• mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭  / 

In that case i would suggest you tweet @Nokiamobile because you will never get an answer direct from the horses mouth on this forum.