Poor Sound performance in Nokia 6.1

Not sure how to post feedback to Nokia from my phone so doing it here to see if anyone else has the same experiance.

Poor Sound performance in Nokia 6.1

Cyclesteve Cyclesteve
✭✭  / 

Not sure how to post feedback to Nokia from my phone so doing it here to see if anyone else has the same experiance.

I've been using the 6.1 for a short while now. I replaced my 6.0 with this model. I do like the 6.1 generally so far with a better camera, high res screen and more compact feel but one of the big letdowns is the sound performance. In the 6.0 there was dolby surround sound available to boost the sound output when required. No such features or any sound enhancements available in the 6.1. The lack of effects mean you can't boost the notification or ring sound, its definitely much quieter volume wise and I struggle to hear people when talking in a noisy environment even when using a headset. I also cannot hear it ring in a noisy environment because I cannot boost the ring volume enough.

Also the sound quality when playing music is not as good as cheaper samsung phone's that I've owned in the past or even older Nokia Lumia's. In fact the quality is rather disappointing for a mid range model.

I don't understand why the sound performance has been decreased in this model. Was this a money saving excercise to not use dolby surround?

Tagged: