Adaptive Battery drains more battery instead of saving it

I know it requires some time to adapt but it's absolutely useless.

Adaptive Battery drains more battery instead of saving it

patriarch patriarch
✭✭  /  edited November 19

I know it requires some time to adapt but it's absolutely useless. I have used my phone for 3 months with Adaptive Battery (AB) on and it got worse and worse over time. After 1 month my battery started to drain faster and after 3 months it was slowly draining my battery when i wasn't using my phone (about 1% battery lost every 20-30 minutes).

After a factory reset (which was 1 month ago) with AB off,my phone's battery lasts way longer. With AB on with 4-5 hours of screen usage my battery was at 25% already and now with AB off i get 6-7 hours of screen usage until it reaches 25% battery charge. Big improvement.

Comments

• Adriano Adriano
    ✭✭  / 

I'm gonna try

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  / 

What apps were consuming so much battery with adaptive battery on? Maybe you did not have the biggest users being optimized

• patriarch patriarch
    ✭✭  / 

My apps were running normally and every app was optimized. I've been testing this for 3 months so they had enough time to be optimized.

• patriarch patriarch
    ✭✭  / 

i'm gonna try

make sure you do a factory reset and backup your stuff and then keep AB off. My battery life has changed drastically after this.

• Amy c Amy c
     / 
    [{"insert":"I have been experiencing battery drainage issue. And its happening all of a sudden. What should I do? \n"}]
  • jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  / 

@Amy c

Can you post a screen shot of your battery usage? Sounds like an app is causing issues. What is using the most battery ?

• Adriano Adriano
    ✭✭  / 

Done a factory reset, disabled AB end tested.

After 4 days without AB the battery lasts more or less 10/15% less than with AB enabled before factory reset.

Now I enabled Ab anew and try for ome days.

I will report what I find out

• Adriano Adriano
    ✭✭  / 

Used my phone for some days,now I can confirm that my battery lasts between 10 and 15 % more if AB is enabled.

Seeing that this is the purpose of AB I suppose you should have some kind of issue which prevent AB to works fine

• patriarch patriarch
    ✭✭  /  edited December 4

Well,i suppose it's different for others.

I guess it depends on how you use your phone and which apps you're using.

Thanks for your contribution.