Nokia 8 Sirocco Screen Replacement

Its really coster than Iphone i went to the service center to change the broken screen of my nokia 8 sirocco, they askeed me to pay 25000rs for replacing a new phone but in india now the new phone rate itself 36990, its not user friendly service.

Nokia 8 Sirocco Screen Replacement

Its really coster than Iphone i went to the service center to change the broken screen of my nokia 8 sirocco, they askeed me to pay 25000rs for replacing a new phone but in india now the new phone rate itself 36990, its not user friendly service. is there any repair options for this from nokia please suggest me to go withthat.

Now I am stuck with the cracked screen and I can't even switch to some other phone in exchange because exchange does not work with cracked screens...

Comments

• Same problem for me too..!! Used phone only for 7months..!! feeling so sad..!! Nokia should take care of this issue

• Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    Super User  /  edited December 2019

Nokia 8 Sirocco is designed in a different way. They will replace the entire phone as they cannot open and replace just the display. This is beacuse of the waterproof design of the phone. Once the phone is opened it can't be closed as precisely as it is done at the factory. This reduces the build quality and hence Nokia just offers a new phone for an amount.

Ask them if they can reduce the price of the replacement.

• viperg viperg
     / 

Im from South Africa also a cracked screen problem. Cant seem to get any support here. Any suggestions. Still under warranty so i could try going thru my service provider as its still on contract

• Dhakshan Dhakshan
    ✭✭  / 

My phone screen got broken within a week of purchase but fortunately it is still working and it is only the front glass that is broken. Some local mobile service centers doing only the replacement of the front glass but it is very risky. You may lose your mobile screen permanently or you will get waves or lines in your display. There are asking only 1500 - 2000. Actually they have a machine which manufacture a new glass according to your mobile phone. I saw the video on YouTube. But still not sure of doing it.

• valyo_bg valyo_bg
    ✭✭  / 

Try to repair front glass with special glue for car front window repair - it should work.

• dinesh.u dinesh.u
    ✭✭  / 

This is my mobile problem i have faced i did,t drop my mobile butvi have faced a display liquid flow problem. Then i replace my mobile for 23k in vellore Nokia care.very worst service center i have faced in my life .

• Yuriy V Yuriy V
    ✭✭  / 

Hello.

I have been looking at this phone for a very long time, I have read a lot of reviews, recommendations. I liked the phone very much, but I was alarmed by a lot of reviews about the fragility of the screen.

Plus, this phone cannot be found on the market in my country.

But I believed Nokia, still a legendary brand with a great reputation, and in the end I did it - I bought Nokia, although I had to wait almost a month .

Since I already knew that its display is very specific and vulnerable, I used a protective film and protective cover from day one.

The phone itself suits me in everything. But after five months, the phone fell out of my pocket from a height of about 80 cm. The result - the entire screen is covered with cracks (with a protective film !!!) And now I am very ill at heart, how is it, Nokia? Everyone told me, don't bother, take a Samsung or iPhone, and enjoy it. But I chose Nokia ((((

I had a problem finding a replacement for my cracked display. The problem is that I live in Ukraine, and it is not so easy to find the right spare part and replace it .

• Axtten Axtten
    ✭✭  /  edited May 11

Have a look at the other threads. The problem with your phone is identical to a problem I have had with two handsets. Your flaw developed near the power button as it did with the two units I had. Others have also experienced the same issue. The screen engineering on this handset is flawed and not fit for purpose. Nokia should by law replace this under warranty as the units were manufactured with a screen that is not fit for real world use and certainly not of a quality expected as the price point charged for these units. They are beautiful phones, their aesthetics is the best of all current phones but and it's a big one, unfortunately their current engineering is not on par with the original Nokia/lumia handsets and it's more than evident in the Sirocco. It was obviously not tested adequately and consumers are left with a phone that won't last, is fragile and has inherent faults with the manner in which the screen was engineered.

• Axtten Axtten
    ✭✭  /  edited May 11

I actually had a Sirocco fail on me in 2019 while holidaying in Russia. I searched everywhere for a replacement handset, Moscow, Murmansk and St Petersburg. The phone was never sold in Russia as I can make out as I never once found a unit and the staff in shops reported that it was never sold in their country. Was the phone sold in Ukraine? I live in Australia, you can still find them here, there are also grey imports out of Hong Kong, you could get one through one of these channels maybe. The price is much lower now than when they were new, I think you can get new one online for about $400AUD.