Screen protector blocking the proximity sensor

Guys what's happening ?

Screen protector blocking the proximity sensor

Onuigbo Onuigbo
✭✭  / 

Guys what's happening ? I noticed that my Proximity sensor messes up when I put on a screen protector so now I don't use a protector..are you guys experiencing thesame or is it only my unit????

Comments

• badger810 badger810
    ✭✭  / 

I have had a screen protector on my 4.2 for the last couple of months with no problems.

• munnasharma munnasharma
    ✭✭✭  / 

@Onuigbo

Which device you are using.

• Onuigbo Onuigbo
    ✭✭  / 

A Nokia 4.2.. when I am on a call , the phone doesn't go off, it stays on so my ear keeps interrupting calls.. I think it's my unit because o haven't seen a phone behave like this befoee..

• Preetham Preetham
    ✭✭  / 

Phone is not responding some times

and some apps are misbehaving

• Onuigbo Onuigbo
    ✭✭  / 

Have you updated yours ??

• kreep kreep
    ✭✭  / 

I had the same issue with 3d screen protector with black frame on Nokia 4.2. Its edge partly interfered the sensor window.

Since I have changed it to simple transparent protector, I don't have that issue any more, the proximity works perfectly.

Check if your protector interferes the sensor (up-right from the front camera). Have a nice day.

• Onuigbo Onuigbo
    ✭✭  / 

I have tried all the screen protector d sizes, it still interferes with the proximity sensor.

• kreep kreep
    ✭✭  / 

This one does not, I got this one:

https://a.aliexpress.ru/cOXwEbUQ

• Lordben Lordben
     / 

I dont know where are you from but this is polish company, i bought it for my mom nokia 4.2. Working perfectly and proximity sensor is not covered, also its easy to mount. I dont know if they ship to whole Europe but you could try i guess. If site wont translate auto just paste it to google translate.

https://sklep.3mk.pl/pl/p/Nokia-4.2-Nietlukace-szklo-hybrydowe-3mk-FlexibleGlass/45026

• I had the same issue. It was so hard to find a perfect screen protector and I wasted much money by installing expensive protectors. I tried like 4-5. Suddenly I found a perfect one and it wasn't expensive.

• Ζαφειρης Ζαφειρης
    ✭✭  /  edited February 26

And for those who doesn't use screen protector what can we do with the proximity sensor? Is there a way to fix it?

• udangana udangana
    ✭✭  / 

Try resetting your device, mine is working well even with the screen protector