[Moved] Nokia 2.2 screen brightness issue.

Nokia 2.2 (Android 9) have screen brightness issue if using phone when it is recharging.

[Moved] Nokia 2.2 screen brightness issue.

Janne Tamming Janne Tamming
✭✭  /  edited March 2020

Nokia 2.2 (Android 9) have screen brightness issue if using phone when it is recharging. Screen brightness stuck in full setting and it can't be changed until restarting phone. Even in sleep mode screen is on. Nasty bug in system.

Comments

• [{"insert":"I have similar issues with brightness.\n1. When turning off Adaptive Brightness & Lowering the brightness to below %50 causes the screen to have wierd Brightness loading anything.. It slowly goes from dark to light when opening massages and changes randomly while I'm reading.\n \n\n"}]
  • Naseh Naseh
    ✭✭  / 

I changed this phone for 2 times and it's 3rd Nokia 2.2 i bought . Because i thought it is a hardware issue. I have same problem ( adaptive brightness is off) , when brightness is below 50%, the brightness of screen changes randomly and without any reason and it's super annoying. I asked helped from support of Nokia but it couldn't help. Now I'm sure it is about software and can be solved by an update. Hope they fix this problem so fast before i broke this phone...

• brightness issue

• Amitabh Tiwari Amitabh Tiwari
    ✭✭  / 

I am also facing this brightness bug since I purchased the phone (Nokia 2.2). Unfortunately, issue still persists even after updating device from android 9 to android 10. I can't see this issue to be resolved anytime soon.

• Bijoy Maji Bijoy Maji
    ✭✭  / 

I have same issue when I use hotspot or some time when I am in calling.......

• John Osho John Osho
    ✭✭  / 

I got this phone in August 2019. It has been having the same issue since then even after updating it to Android 10. I wonder when we will get a solution.

• Tanteng1227 Tanteng1227
    ✭✭  / 

I have the same issue anf I only noticed if after getting the March security patch. I have turned off ambient display and adaptive brightness for now.

• Nadeeram37 Nadeeram37
    ✭✭  / 

Yes, same issue.

See, my brightness level 0. But screen brightness still bright.if restart it fix. But when I charging or calling this issue happen again

• miketenshi1 miketenshi1
    ✭✭  / 

Yeah, my phone has the same problem. Even with Android 10.

• Miad Miad
    ✭✭  / 

Same issue. I think its software bug and can be resolved. How to report to nokia about it?

• Nadeeram37 Nadeeram37
    ✭✭  / 

U can report it my phone app. They Reply quickly. I did. But I couldn't solved this issue. Try it

• TangoLil TangoLil
    ✭✭  / 

My Nokia 2.2 suddenly suffered a loss of backlight, leaving the screen unreadable. I cannot access the tool for increasing the brightness because I cannot see it! Does anyone have a trick to restore the light to my screen?

TangoLil

• adi you're so smart adi you're so smart
    ✭✭  /  edited April 2020

Okay guys. I've got you. I have the same Nokia 2.2 (3/32) since past 2 months running on official Android 10. (It was on android 9 out of the box. I updated it.)

I've been suffering from the same issue. It doesn't matter if I'm using my phone, the brightness will automatically blast to maximum.

FIX:

Go to your display settings and turn off "Ambient display" and "wake for notifications".

Do it and let me know if it worked for you. I did the same and I haven't encountered any screen issues since last 48 hours.

Connect with me on Instagram

Thanks. ❤️

Below are some screenshots for help.

✭✭  / 

I have disabled those options on my Nokia 2.2 and the error keeps occurring from time to time.

• After 3 days with no issues, It suddenly started again in my device.

Now I'm completely out of clue as to what can fix it.

Nokia is being a bit too much irresponsible now.

• ranone ranone
    ✭✭  / 

I found it! in the developers option click Quick settings developer tiles, enable "Sensors Off". then enable it in QS menu. this will turn off some sensors such as light, proximity, camera & accelerometer but wont affect bluetooth, wifi, gps & microphone! done!😉

• Bijoy Maji Bijoy Maji
    ✭✭  / 

It's not work after some time that issue appear......

• rainbow pot rainbow pot
    ✭✭  / 

Are there any updates regarding this issue? I'm still encountering this.

• santhosh santhosh
    ✭✭  / 

am also having the same issue.. may be this is a hardware fault.. thats why they are keeping their **** off..

✭✭  / 

Same issue with April 2020 Security Patch. In my case also appears when the phone is charging y then I disconnect it from the charger and the screen activates, and also keeps occurring randomly once in a while.

• ranone ranone
    ✭✭  / 

• Okay. I need a serious conversation from you guys. An please don't put irrelevant comments till I say to continue. It's a request.

I want to you all to notice if there's any active notification while this happens. For example, you're playing music and you try to unlock your screen and screen goes to full brightness! Or there's a notification from Android System and you notice this issue.

For a week, please enable every notification on lock screen and please report back.

I don't know if I'll be able to crack this but I need inputs from all of you.

✭✭  / 

No, there is not any active notification when this error occurs. The screen brightness just go all the way up and an restart is required to back to normal.

• Thanks for your efforts to report back @miketenshi1

2 things :

1. Were you using Mobile data or WiFi? Was your Mobile Hotspot on?

and

2. Can you please try going in 'Do not disturb' mode for a day or 2 and then report back if issue happens again .

I'm actually suspicious about is the System UI application as I've observed some buggy behaviours in past couple of days. I wanted to know if this problem is caused by system UI or any other system application.

I'm also suspicious about the face unlock feature. Maybe there's a bug/error which forces screen brightness to maximize in order to help face unlock in dark places and which is not working as expected.

I'm not sure about either of these things. I'm only taking a guess.

Do answer the 1st part.

✭✭  / 

Answering the 1st part: I'm using Wi-Fi Only, I'm staying at home due quarantine. I've only used mobile data like 1 or 2 days las mont for a couple minutes.

I'll try 2nd part and i'll let you know.

• Mariyeah Mariyeah
     / 

My screen stays lit even when my phone is locked. Well not displaying actually but the off screen is not actually off. Some sort of backlight stays on. When I unlock the phone the brightness is set to 100% and adaptive brightness doesn't work. Also if I try to decrease brightness it doesn't respond. Due to this my phone gets warmer and my battery drains quicker. I have to restart my phone to fix it. But then it happens again on every recharge. It also happens when I am using multiple apps simultaneously.

Please help I am really bothered by it. I want to throw my nokia.

• Nadeeram37 Nadeeram37
    ✭✭  / 

I think this issue fixed with this month update.