Android 8.1 Oreo Build Available Again!

Hello EveryOne HMD Global has started pushing the Optional Android 8.1 Oreo for the users of Nokia 2.

Android 8.1 Oreo Build Available Again!

user1520881638007 user1520881638007
✭✭✭✭  / 

Hello EveryOne

HMD Global has started pushing the Optional Android 8.1 Oreo for the users of Nokia 2. You can sign in/sign up for the dedicated Android Oreo Web Page and Request the Build from there

Web Link -https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_int/nokia-2-upgrade/

After Request,Go to Your device settings>about>system update>check for update

While checking for the update ,you will get the notification like this on your device

Here Few things to share

• Although you might see this notification as just a security patch but the build it self will change the OS to Oreo 8.1
  • This Build will take you to Android 8.1 Oreo V 1.15R_SP08
  • HMD has forgot to mention that this build is an upgrade to Android Oreo and they have chosen to make a switch with this security patch,might get doubt ? but YES you will see the difference after updating
  • This update will install as system update,Unlike Security Update which takes three stages,this will complete in one stage

After Installation you will see the changes and also Oreo 8.1 Build is completely installed with security patch level as 1 November 2019

So if anyone interested to upgrade your Nokia 2 to latest OS upgrade ,then Start Upgrading by visiting the web site

Comments

• Gustnado Gustnado
    ✭✭✭  / 

Finally upgraded!!!

But still I didn't understand why i did this! 😆😆😆

• demonicshady demonicshady
    ✭✭  / 
  • Received it.. Thanks

The Final update...😐

• Gustnado Gustnado
    ✭✭✭  / 

@demonicshady

Yeah! But you know my Favourite Oreo 8.1 build is bug free V1.15M, because it was the best Oreo build update for nokia 2 device!!! I really miss that!

• UpdateNokia2 UpdateNokia2
    ✭✭✭  / 

becareful @demonicshady @Gustnado @user1520881638007 nokia 2 oreo still has the flaw

reported it via mail and on twitter again but in detailed video how attackers can hack your nokia 2 oreo

https://mega.nz/#!7D4DjSIb!2HE-B3dtDo7Oz8pIkVfx2bQyByCAS0rusNMyV17l7Ec

• user1520881638007 user1520881638007
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

As per the New Oreo 8.1 Build released by HMD Here is what I found these issues

• Google Assistant Go Still can't be installed
    • Google App still doesn't support
    • In Camera App,Video shoot takes on Low Light even when flash is enabled
    • Keyboard Pop Up issue still there when using YouTube and other social media apps
    • No New VoLTE icon introduced
    • Android Recovery Mode-Wipe Data/Factory Reset Still Not functioning well
    • Power Saver App is still not optimizing the battery
    • Even Well apps are still available

If any issue found other than the above things then share your experiences here it self

• demonicshady demonicshady
    ✭✭  / 

HMD has been really incompetent with Nokia 2. Its unfortunate that this still buggy Oreo build is the best we, Nokia 2 users can hope for. I hope they aren't that incompetent with their other phones

• Iniobong885 Iniobong885
    ✭✭  /  edited December 2

Mine is not from the dedicated website....i just went straight to my phone update and got this update...

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031042/uploads/560/R9G2452DPK7X.png There was an error displaying this embed.

Mine is showing December security patch....

✭✭  / 

Am currently on nougat which i got from sideloading the august beta oreo 2018 version. I was receiving security update after that massive security update july 2019 till date.

• user1520881638007 user1520881638007
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

@Iniobong885

One thing to note that for African Region ,the update has this mistake where instead of 2019-11 it's shows as 2019-12 but after update your device will be on November 2019 Security Patch only

Nougat November 2019 Patch update size is 95.2 MB only

Oreo November 2019 Patch update size is 1362 MB which is nothing but an upgrade for all existing as well new users

✭✭  /  edited December 2

I noticed the smart lock feature of face unlock was brought back.

• Gustnado Gustnado
    ✭✭✭  / 

@Iniobong885

Nope! Face unlock feature is available in nougat build!!!

I think you're just upgraded nougat to Oreo 8.1 that's why it's available! If you wanna completely enjoy Oreo build then factory reset once!( So factory reset via recovery mode still not working better head up to device settings )

For more details see the screenshot!

✭✭  / 

@Gustnado

You are wrong! I did a factory reset and launch the phone afresh as a new setup.....it was even less laggy from the previous time I didn't do a factory reset...

There you go! Face unlock still remains after the factory reset...what I noticed also was the voice match/unlock was disabled.

✭✭  / 

You will loose access to face unlock only if you update google play service app....but you will have to update it to run other google apps smoothly.

• Gustnado Gustnado
    ✭✭✭  / 

Nokia 2 owners before upgrade optional Oreo 8.1 build read this carefully!!!

• John Axl John Axl
    ✭✭  / 

@Gustnado Nokia just doesn't care. I just managed to install Oreo for the first time and there will be no rollback for those like me. Worst piece of software ever.

• Gustnado Gustnado
    ✭✭✭  / 

@John Axl

Hi there, don't worry about roll back to nougat issues, if you don't like latest Oreo 8.1 build and wanna revert back to nougat build then if possible visit once nearest nokia care center they'll flash your device to latest nougat 7.1.1 build!!! Otherwise you just tag our super talented user @user1520881638007 whether it's here or inbox message, I'm sure he'll definitely solve your problem!!! Good Luck!