Nokia 8 Sirocco no VoLTE support?

Hello! Nokia 8 Sirocco doesn't have VoLTE? Nokia 8 works perfectly with VoLTE. They are basically the same as hardware. The same phone operator, the same SIM, on …

Nokia 8 Sirocco no VoLTE support?

Iustin Iustin
✭✭  / 

Hello! Nokia 8 Sirocco doesn't have VoLTE? Nokia 8 works perfectly with VoLTE. They are basically the same as hardware. The same phone operator, the same SIM, on both phones, Nokia 8 works, Nokia 8 Sirocco, no. The mobile operator has confirmed by telephone that VoLTE is enabled for my SIM. And yet it doesn't work on Nokia 8 Sirocco.

Comments

• Poppy Col Poppy Col
    ✭✭  / 

G'day,

I too have a Sirocco. It's on the Telstra network in Australia.

Telstra assure me the VoLTE is activated on my service.

However, it is not active on my phone.

Any ideas?

• Iustin Iustin
    ✭✭  / 

The phone is not enabled VoLTE , by factory default. This is true.

• Poppy Col Poppy Col
    ✭✭  / 

G'day lustin,

I don't think anyone is listening.

Cheers

• 100% VoLTE is working. I am running Jio in India. Screenshot attached - please check top right corner - VOLTE is the first icon.

• Poppy Col Poppy Col
    ✭✭  / 

G’day,

Just an update on this VoLTE issue, with my NOKIA 8 Sirocco.

It appears there was a silent upgrade, either by my carrier, Telstra. Or HMD or Google. But I now have VoLTE, and the Group Messaging function is now operational, which was another issue with this phone.

It happened two days ago as I was about to make a call. I noticed a new icon in the top right hand corner. It was the VoLTE icon.

I then checked if the Group Messaging setting was available, just out of interest, and it was.

So both issues resolved, but I don’t know how or by who.

I now have the phone I hoped for when I bought it.

Cheers

Colm