VOLTE problem on my handset

My carrier is Vodafone, which supports VOLTE on VOLTE handsets and Nokia 8.1 is also a VOLTE enable handset than also i am not able to use VOLTE on my phone.

VOLTE problem on my handset

hrutik hrutik
✭✭  / 

My carrier is Vodafone, which supports VOLTE on VOLTE handsets and Nokia 8.1 is also a VOLTE enable handset than also i am not able to use VOLTE on my phone. Anybody having same problem??

Answers

• GTR12 GTR12
    ✭✭✭  / 

I'm on Vodafone in Australia and volte works.

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

It will only work if your carrier has provisioned the SIM card.

• KKC KKC
    ✭✭  / 

My carrier is Vodafone India . LTE not showing while using Vodafone Sim in Nokia 8.1

• hrutik hrutik
    ✭✭  /  edited December 3

KKC happens same with me. LTE is not shown on notification shade that means VOLTE is not working. Even i am using VODAFONE INDIA. It shows 4G only not LTE.

• In Europe or at least in Germany hmd doesn't get volte to work.

My husband just got a new moto g8 and volte works like a charm.

If my nokia werent so new (1 year) I would get a new phone.

If you just bought yours I would suggest to return it.

• hrutik hrutik
    ✭✭  / 

@Lluvia Rodriguez de Medina may i know the reason why HMD doesn't het VOLTE to work in germany to work

• @hrutik According to my provider HMD is not implementing IMS configuration data in its firmware.

The information is supposed to be publicly available to hardware vendors.

My provider (O2 Germany) generally has enabled volte for all SIM cards. This is also proven. I just need to put my simcard into my husband's phone and volte as well as wifi calling works.

• Mayukh Mayukh
    ✭✭  / 

Same problem with me. LTE works with Jio but not Vodafone.

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Works just fine in the UK on a Nokia 7 Plus, Nokia 8 and Nokia 8.1 on EE and BT Mobile but not Vodafone or O2, some work on Three some do not.

The phones are not the problem, they are VoLTE ready just like they are 2, 3 and 4G ready, it is baked in to the hardware.

It is the networks that are at fault, if your SIM has been provisioned and you do not have VoLTE then the network more than likely requires you to have a phone bought from them with specific network optimisations and the weird thing is some unlocked brands will work on some networks but not on a rival network in the same country.

• I disagree. How do you explain a recently bought moto g8 on Amazon instantly works with volte?

Again, nokia needs to put ims registration data for each provider in the world into its firmware. They do it for some, but not for all.

• tehabe tehabe
    ✭✭  / 

This is the popular ping pong game, Telefonica/o2 blames HMD and HMD blames Telefonica/o2. It is very annoying and not helpful for the consumer.

• GTR12 GTR12
    ✭✭✭  / 

Have you guys tried enabling/disabling the VOLTE provisional flag?

Try this;

• Launch the Dialer app on your phone, and dial *#*#4636#*#*.
    • Choose Phone information.
    • Enable or select VoLTE Provisioned Flag.
    • Restart the phone.

• @GTR12 yes, already did try this method. LTE provisioned is gryed out.

@tehabe I guess in this ping pong game HMD is to blame most. I can insert my SIM card in any other device I have access to (motog5, moto g8 plus, iphone6+7) and volte instantly works.

• GTR12 GTR12
    ✭✭✭  / 

@Lluvia Rodriguez de Medina what about the direct VOLTE code?

*#*#86583#*#*

• hrutik hrutik
    ✭✭  / 

@GTR12 i dialed the direct VOLTE code you mentiomed above but still it didn't work.

• GTR12 GTR12
    ✭✭✭  / 
  • MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Disagree all you like the phone comes out of the factory VoLTE capable and it is down to the networks to have the networks customisations in place for each handset. Unfortunately it isn't like the iPhone where they all just work but thankfully that day is creeping nearer.

As i said in my very own post my the 3 Nokia phones i singled out will work fine on some UK networks but not others. With Three for instance a SIM free Huawei phone will more than likely have VoLTE simply because Three sell a lot of network locked Huawei handsets and therefore they already accomade the phone. Try it with a Nokia though and you have no chance because they dont sell them.

Some work and some dont and if you cannot get your head around that then nothing will satisfy you, you will disagree with absolutely everything until the cows come home.

• @MrBelter then please explain why volte works with my simcard on any device even the ancient g5?

You just seem lucky enough HMD implemented IMS data for your carrier.

My carrier doesn't sell phones at all, it totally ran out of fashion.

For me it's lessons learned, first thing to check with my next phone is volte capability and if it doesn't work, it'll be returned.

In future I will not wait until a vendor is getting their heads out of their behinds and eventually get the IMS registration data into its firmware with an update.

• HARSHH14 HARSHH14
    ✭✭  / 

Network issues started from 2 days. Leaving network again n again.

• hrutik hrutik
    ✭✭  / 

@GTR12 yeah!! Even after restarting my phone,it doesn't work.

• GTR12 GTR12
    ✭✭✭  / 

@hrutik no idea then, but it has to be the carrier that allows VOLTE, I switched carriers here in Australia, my previous carrier didn't allow VOLTE but my current one does.

• @GTR12 only half the truth. Your carrier needs to provision your SIM for volte that's true.

2nd part is your phone. It needs to "know" to which IMS to connect to to make volte work.

My problem is that my SIM is commissioned for Volte but my nokia phone doesn't know the IMS data from my carrier. This could be fixed by a firmware update but I'm tired of waiting for HMD.

There's several 4G only location in my area by now with excellent coverage but I cannot place or receive a call there.

• GTR12 GTR12
    ✭✭✭  / 

@Lluvia Rodriguez de Medina wait wait, you can't even use 4g or you can't use VOLTE?

• Lluvia Rodriguez de Medina Lluvia Rodriguez de Medina
    ✭✭  /  edited December 7

I can use 4G of course for data connections. But when I want to place a call the phone needs to fall back to 3G or 2G.

In a 4G only location this results in a failed call.

• hrutik hrutik
    ✭✭  / 

@Lluvia Rodriguez de Medina @GTR12 happens same with i am only able to use 4G and not VOLTE, and during calls it switchs to 3G

• GTR12 GTR12
    ✭✭✭  / 

That's a major issue, mine was always 4g, I couldn't use VOLTE but I didn't care. But what your saying is that it falls back to 3g when you call someone.

I don't know what the consumer laws are in your countries but the official specs say that it's a dual 4g phone.

• @GTR12 If it wouldn't fall back to 3g or 2g you couldn't place a call in that constellation.

I'm not sure what a dual 4g phone means in that context though.

Anyways, time for me to stop caring, I just ordered another phone on Amazon. I might find a job for the nokia in my home network. Maybe as a surveillance cam for my dog. Always wondered what she's doing when I'm not home 😉

• GTR12 GTR12
    ✭✭✭  / 

@Lluvia Rodriguez de Medina This is likely my last Nokia phone as well, I need an unlocked bootloader as I put a custom OS on it when they stop giving updates. I get a new phone every 4-5 years, now I'm forced to get one in 3 years.

As for your dog, its likely the same thing all pets do lol, watch the "Pets" movie and you'll understand 😉

• New phone arrived. After inserting SIM card, volte and wifi calling worked like a charm. Calls are instantly established and Crystal clear.

Just wanted to say good-bye and thank all people who were thrying to be supportive in this forum.

As for HMD, thanks for nothing.

This is LR, signing off, good bye.