Home Phones

Flip case blocks the notification light on power switch - who-on-earth thought of that?!

Hi all 👋 I just read @stipe1906's post that the official flip cases for the 3.2, 4.2, 6.2 and 7.2 cover up the notification light which is built into the power button - WOE @HMD Global?

Flip case blocks the notification light on power switch - who-on-earth thought of that?!

madbilly madbilly
✭✭✭✭  / 

Hi all 👋

I just read @stipe1906's post that the official flip cases for the 3.2, 4.2, 6.2 and 7.2 cover up the notification light which is built into the power button - WOE @HMD Global? 😲

I thought Ben Jen was in charge of accessories? Maybe give him one of the new phones so he knows what he's designing them for 😉

Cheers 🙂

Comments

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited December 2019

Interesting find! They should have done something to make the power button transparent on the case so that it passes on the light 😏

Meanwhile, unless they bring a multi-color LED, I am not concerned much. It barely helps with so much notification spam from every app out there :|

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Hi @singhnsk fair point, a notification light isn't much use if it's always on!

Cheers 🙂

• Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited December 2019

Plus it stays always on while charging which I don't like.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

That's standard for most smartphones with LED. I probably never saw a phone not having its LED lit while it was changing. I remember, my OnePlus would do that too, but if a new notification comes up with a customized color, it would start blinking that instead of keeping the constant red depicting the charging.

I also wanted to see multi-color LED on Nokia. But I guess they are ignoring that for some strange reason. It's important to have a multi-color LED there.

• Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

While multi coloured LED's are be a good addition I don't see the need for notification led to stay on just to indicate the phone is charging. It would be much useful if the LED turned on once the phone is 99% charged or 100% indicating the phone has been charged. Also saves a tiny bit of battery usage while the phone is being charged.

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

I'm pretty sure my Nexus 5 has a multicoloured LED which is yellow when charging and green when charged, but I could be getting it mixed up with another model.

Cheers 🙂