Nokia updates not available or slow?

Starting this about Nokia updates and new android. Did you get android 10?

Nokia updates not available or slow?

MRetnl MRetnl
✭✭  /  edited December 3

Starting this about Nokia updates and new android. Did you get android 10? or did you get the November update on Nokia 8.1, even now the december update is being rolled out from google to pixel phones running android 10.

A lot off peolple with nokia 8.1 are still running Android 9 with October update. I still am.

Are nokia updates released slow?

Or is it something that has to with the type of 8.1 (TA-1119)

Maybe even the region where im at, Netherlands, Europe.

And is there maybe a way to speed up things or to force an update?

Any answer or experience is welcome.😄

Comments

• Nokia releases a quick update compared to others. I have samsung M20 received the August patch at the end of November

• elusivesuspect elusivesuspect
    ✭✭  / 
    I have the TA-1119, and I'm running Android 10 with the October security update. Android One requires security updates to be provided within 30 days of their release, which means that the November security update should arrive tomorrow. This of course depends on whether HMD actually cares about following the requirements set out to OEMs in the Android One program.

From what I understand you're running Android 9, right? And nothing happens when you check for updates? You should try to reboot and check for updates again.
  • Ronny2010 Ronny2010
    ✭✭✭  / 

When you buy a nokia Android one phone than you expect monthly patches and 2 updates. Unfortunately Nokia lose the right way and is the update policy from 7.2 realy crap. It is realy not normal that this phone is not out the box with Android 10 and also the updatepolicy is inacurate. In the official update roadmap is not an official sign that 6.2 and 7.2 get Android 10.

• Ronny2010 Ronny2010
    ✭✭✭  / 

• dray78 dray78
    ✭✭✭  / 

You have a source that proves your claim that Android one phones must be updated security patches within 30 days after the release by Google?

Because it's not mentioned here.⬇️

• MRetnl MRetnl
    ✭✭  / 

Didnt do the trick for me, still on android nine with oktober patch

• Rashidk Rashidk
    ✭✭  / 

You should clear your google services cache and data and check for update again... And i don't think they will push update before nokia 8.2 launch...

✭✭  / 
    @dray78 The link* you posted is actually my source. The relevant section is:

All of these layers are reinforced by security updates. We have an established monthly update cycle for Pixel devices, as well as those under the Android One program. In addition, Android Enterprise Recommended devices are updated at least every 90 days.

It doesn't say 30 days explicitly, but I interpret monthly as 30 days, which might be wrong. I have been trying to find a more official document listing the requirement of the Android One programme in detail, but so far I've not found any.

* https://www.android.com/security-center/
  • dray78 dray78
    ✭✭✭  / 

@elusivesuspect As i read that site from Android, what is my source to, the Android one phones are in the same cycle as the Pixel phones. That tells me that If i get the October patch in November, Nokia is to late. Must be same as Pixel or soon after, not a month later.

✭✭  / 
    @dray78 Honestly, I don't think that's a correct interpretation, but there's no way of knowing unless Google releases a more detailed list of requirements.
  • dray78 dray78
    ✭✭✭  / 

All of these layers are reinforced by security updates. We have an established monthly update cycle for Pixel devices, as well as those under the Android One program.

This is a fact for me. Don't know how to read different.

• GTR12 GTR12
    ✭✭✭  / 

So pixels have a monthly update cycle.

We (as in Google) also have an update cycle for Android One devices.

That cycle is unknown.

• dray78 dray78
    ✭✭✭  / 

That's not what is written there.

It's says as well.. If i translate it into my own language it says exactly what i am saying all along. If i change that site into my own language it says exactly what i am saying.

Reading comprehension is difficult, I know.

End of discusion