Juho wants your suggestions! What to call new 5G phone?

Hi all, In a tweet replying to @stipe1906, @juho has asked (sort of!) for suggestions of what to call HMD's new 5G Nokia phone, which we may expect to see revealed at MWC2020:

Juho wants your suggestions! What to call new 5G phone?

madbilly madbilly
✭✭✭✭  / 

Hi all,

In a tweet replying to @stipe1906, @juho has asked (sort of!) for suggestions of what to call HMD's new 5G Nokia phone, which we may expect to see revealed at MWC2020: https://mobile.twitter.com/sarvikas/status/1202007899406422016

So what do you think? This phone is rumoured to be the new 8-series, the 8.2, but should that be what it's called or do you have a better idea?

What do I think? Well it depends on how awesome it's going to be! If it's truly awesome then it can be called the N8! If it is awesome and has an awesome camera then it can be called the N8 PureView! And since HMD will want to showcase the 5G connectivity (which they saw will be better than any phone currently available) then I suggest Xpress5G! 😀

So, the N8 PureView Xpress5G? Probably a bit cumbersome, so maybe N8 Xpress5G will be sufficient.

Cheers 🙂

Comments

• Thanuj Thanuj
    ✭✭✭  / 

Both Nokia N8 and Xpress 5G sounds cool!😃

• Lazysince1995 Lazysince1995
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

like we had Xpress music models in back we need 5G Xpress phones but model should be known as N8 or N9 like no only.

• Wezi Wezi
    ✭✭  / 
    [{"insert":"N8 - Xp5G \n"}]
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

@Kartik Gada This Xpress5G does sound nice 😅

• Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Yeah but naah. Sounds more like a name of a train to me. 😅

Nokia Express 5G

✭✭✭✭  / 

I don't see this becoming a separate series. This is more like a hero device which will be the 1st nokia phone with 5g so I don't see a need of a separate name. It should shout more about 5G while the device stays in the existing family. Nokia 8.2 5G is simple and best. Or Nokia One 5G (1st 5G Nokia phone) but this sounds weird. Nokia Wave 5G (5G waves 😅) or something similar picked up from 5g tech for naming the phone.

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Well I think that HMD should give up on numbers and just give phones actual names, like use the codenames they always use internally. This way they don't need to worry about the 2.3 being released and actually being better than the 3.2 or 4.2 (or whatever... it's an example).

Saying "I've got a Nokia Starlord" sounds a lot more interesting than "I've got a Nokia 7.2"... I think people might actually expect to see a T9-keypad GSM brick! 😆

Cheers 🙂

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

But hey, my Nokia 7.2 is Daredevil and not Starlord 😛😝

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

@singhnsk :doh:!

• Wanderlust Wanderlust
    ✭✭✭  / 

Nokia 5G Express sounds good

✭✭✭✭  / 

Nokia Lightening 5G, Nokia Thunder 5G, Nokia Storm 5G, Nokia Hurricane 5G, Nokia Cruiser 5G, Nokia Swift 5G, just Nokia 5G, Nokia 5.G, Nokia 8.5G, Nokia 8.2.5G, Nokia Breeze 5G,

• Laze Sun Laze Sun
    ✭✭  / 

Nokia Asha X 8110 Plus Tough Flip PureView Sirocco 5G XL.😎