Problem receiving SMS (specially OTP from bank)

Hi All, My dad recently bought Nokia 8(Dual sim). But, there seems to be some problem with the device. Phone is not receiving OTP sms from his bank.

Problem receiving SMS (specially OTP from bank)

Aiman Aiman
✭✭  /  edited February 2018

Hi All,

My dad recently bought Nokia 8(Dual sim). But, there seems to be some problem with the device. Phone is not receiving OTP sms from his bank. Rest all sms are received fine, even other sms from the bank receives fine. Only the OTP sms are not coming.

Switched sim to two other different Android devices, and they receive OTP every time. (verified it multiple times). 

We tried the following to no effect:

1. Switching sim between 1 and 2 slots.
  2. Restarting multiple times.
  3. Checking contacts and messaging app for any blacklisted contact (there's no blacklisted contact).
  4. Phone is completely stock and no third party messaging, calling, or contacts apps installed.
  5.  Contacted bank, and their system is fine (Other Andorid devices receiving OTP).
  6. Network is also fine. (Other Android devices receiving OTP).

We haven't blocked or blacklisted any contact. Neither have installed interfering apps like true caller or true messenger. This problem forced him to still use his old Lenovo Android phone.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Aiman

Comments

• Srikanthsama Srikanthsama
     /  edited January 2018
    i found solution for that
    Disable that existing message app and install Zero sms app from play store i tried different apps but only this Zero sms app is working fine and after installing please go into settings of battery and allow Zero sms app in white list
  • Nokia6 Nokia6
    ✭✭  /  edited January 2018

i found solution for the same problem.. just down loaded microsoft message oraganizer app from play store and marked it as default app for messages. after doing this i am able to receive all otp's from bank and all the messages.

• Aiman Aiman
    ✭✭  / 

Hi all,

Thanks for the answers. Switching apps didn't work in our case as the problem was somewhere between Bank and telecom service provider. The system from the bank wasn't registering the new phone information I believe. Anyway, about two weeks after the question was posted, Bank updated/repaired their system and problem was fixed automatically.

Thanks again.

• I am also not able to receive a single OTP . PLEASE HELP !
  • navaneethakumar navaneethakumar
    ✭✭  / 
    I dont think issue in Nokia end. I never faced such issue in this device . One of my friend faced isseu with Nokia 6 ,that is fixed in software/App update.
  • Vertigo155 Vertigo155
    ✭✭  / 
    Merhaba aynı sorun benim telefonda da var. Bankalardan gelen sms alamıyorum. Alternatif SMS linkleri neler? Google Play'de bulamadım.
  • naufrago naufrago
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Merhaba aynı sorun benim telefonda da var. Bankalardan gelen sms alamıyorum. Alternatif SMS linkleri neler? Google Play'de bulamadım.

- Did you check blocked numbers? Another Turkish friend told any blocked numbers were affecting bank sms even bank's Caller ID was not blocked.
    - You may try another launcher like Nova.
    - You can install Textra from Google Play store.
    - You can try a soft reset.
    - You can try a factory reset.

FYI, none of above solved my problem, I had to downgrade to Oreo, only than problem gone away.
    PS. I replied in English, so others may benefit.
  • Vertigo155 Vertigo155
    ✭✭  / 
    naufrago said:

- Did you check blocked numbers? Another Turkish friend told any blocked numbers were affecting bank sms even bank's Caller ID was not blocked.
    - You may try another launcher like Nova.
    - You can install Textra from Google Play store.
    - You can try a soft reset.
    - You can try a factory reset.

FYI, none of above solved my problem, I had to downgrade to Oreo, only than problem gone away.
    PS. I replied in English, so others may benefit.

Thank you very much my friend. I solved the problem. I removed the blocked numbers. Now there's a message from banks.😊👌
  • SMSala SMSala
     / 
    I had the same problem of not receiving text messages from some of my contacts. I went to the T-Mobile store and asked for their help. They guided me to enter into the SPAM area and found that some of my contacts were on the SPAM list. After removing them from the SPAM list, my problem was solved.
  • I was able to solve it by clearing the cache and data of the "Messages" app
  • GSBajaj GSBajaj
    ✭✭  / 
    Even I had the same issue here in India on Nokia 6, after upgrading to Android 9. Went to message settings and DISABLED the SPAM protection and now it works fine.
  • Sandeep HM Sandeep HM
    ✭✭  / 
    Finally issue resolved after following below steps recommended by Customer support.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/16Vpkx4kwhEJBf3w1f2KcFpYEBUuaOD1v/view
  • manishnitkkr manishnitkkr
     / 
    > @naufrago said:
    > user1540055492782 said:
    >
    >
    > Merhaba aynı sorun benim telefonda da var. Bankalardan gelen sms alamıyorum. Alternatif SMS linkleri neler? Google Play'de bulamadım.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > - Did you check blocked numbers? Another Turkish friend told any blocked numbers were affecting bank sms even bank's Caller ID was not blocked.
    > - You may try another launcher like Nova.
    > - You can install Textra from Google Play store.
    > - You can try a soft reset.
    > - You can try a factory reset.
    >
    > FYI, none of above solved my problem, I had to downgrade to Oreo, only than problem gone away.
    > PS. I replied in English, so others may benefit.

Hi, i had also faced similar issue and upon deleting the blocked numbers i started receiving Banking SMSes and OTPs. I am still clueless how blocked numbers can affect the Banking SMSes despite the fact that blocked nos. were none of the Banking SMS sender names!
    Could you please let me know how it solved my problem?
    Thanks.
  • manishnitkkr manishnitkkr
     / 
    > @Vertigo155 said:
    > naufrago said:
    >
    >
    >
    > user1540055492782 said:
    >
    >
    > Merhaba aynı sorun benim telefonda da var. Bankalardan gelen sms alamıyorum. Alternatif SMS linkleri neler? Google Play'de bulamadım.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > - Did you check blocked numbers? Another Turkish friend told any blocked numbers were affecting bank sms even bank's Caller ID was not blocked.
    > - You may try another launcher like Nova.
    > - You can install Textra from Google Play store.
    > - You can try a soft reset.
    > - You can try a factory reset.
    >
    > FYI, none of above solved my problem, I had to downgrade to Oreo, only than problem gone away.
    > PS. I replied in English, so others may benefit.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Thank you very much my friend. I solved the problem. I removed the blocked numbers. Now there's a message from banks.😊👌

Hi, i had also faced similar issue and upon deleting the blocked numbers i started receiving Banking SMSes and OTPs. I am still clueless how blocked numbers can affect the Banking SMSes despite the fact that blocked nos. were none of the Banking SMS sender names!
    Could you please let me know how it solved my problem?
    Thanks.
  • SuNdRoU SuNdRoU
    ✭✭  / 
    Hi ive have this issue since pie  beta and now as well untill i turn spam filter off and the SMS  work perfectly hope this will help others members having same issue
  • SantK SantK
    ✭✭  / 
    Hi All,

I also have the same issue with Nokia 8, not recieving OTP.
    Actually it's happened because in beginning I have blocked many unnecessary contacts in my default message app.
    After removing/unblocking those contacts it's started receiving OTP.

After all 2 months wait.....

Thank you all

Aiman said:

Hi All,

My dad recently bought Nokia 8(Dual sim). But, there seems to be some problem with the device. Phone is not receiving OTP sms from his bank. Rest all sms are received fine, even other sms from the bank receives fine. Only the OTP sms are not coming.

Switched sim to two other different Android devices, and they receive OTP every time. (verified it multiple times). 

3. Checking contacts and messaging app for any blacklisted contact (there's no blacklisted contact).
    4. Phone is completely stock and no third party messaging, calling, or contacts apps installed.
    5.  Contacted bank, and their system is fine (Other Andorid devices receiving OTP).

We haven't blocked or blacklisted any contact. Neither have installed interfering apps like true caller or true messenger. This problem forced him to still use his old Lenovo Android phone.

Regards,

Aiman

Aiman said:

Hi All,

Regards,

Aiman

• Raveesh Raveesh
     / 
    Sandeep HM said:
    Finally issue resolved after following below steps recommended by Customer support.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/16Vpkx4kwhEJBf3w1f2KcFpYEBUuaOD1v/view
  • Raveesh Raveesh
     / 
    Thanks Sandeep, I followed the instructions in the link given by you. My OTP issues on my Nokia 6 is resolved :) 
  • Sethi Sethi
    ✭✭  / 
    Not receiving OTP from banks 
    Nokia 7 plus
    Model TA 1046
    Android 9 
    4.4 153-perf build 00ww_3.51F

Have checked there are no blocked numbers 
    Have cleared cache from Carrier services/storage and Messages/storage 

I tried putting this in Sim in another mobile and into is received there 

The issue is with Android cr 9 / 4.4 153-perf update 

Please suggest what should I do? 

[email protected]
  • Hi there,

Issue is probably with handset. I also had same issue. What I found that OTP messages were received but not shown. If you search mesmsaes by criteria "OTP" or "one time" in message app, you will find all rhoth messages.
    Still looking for permanent solution.
    At least I could perform my transactions.
  • Pl check archived in message