Android 10 after update on Nokia 7.1

Hi I have a lot of issues after the Android 10 Update. 1. Mic issues 2.Bluetooth connection issues for the Apps 3. Battery drain issues 4.

Android 10 after update on Nokia 7.1

Viby Viby
✭✭  / 

Hi

I have a lot of issues after the Android 10 Update.

1. Mic issues

2.Bluetooth connection issues for the Apps

3. Battery drain issues

4. The voices we are sending through whatsapp or any other third part app the voice is very difficult to listen the sound is not pretty to hear

5. Mobile automatic restart and hanging several times.

6. Sometimes after the restat the app styles goes to default.

6.Etc

If anybody know how to resolve this issues

Best Answer

• Viby Viby
    ✭✭  /  Accepted Answer

Yes i tried hard reset but the problem is not resolved

Answers

• I'm also facing the same issues, is there any way to fix these issues??

• R1fatul_ R1fatul_
    ✭✭  /  edited December 2019

Do a hard reset and let us know if the problems persist. And what is the model number? Is it TA-1097?

• Viby Viby
    ✭✭  / 

Model-TA-1095

• Viby Viby
    ✭✭  / 

Now I can't use any third party app for voice call or video call my voice is not getting for the caller. But if i use my headset its working fine.

• I also facing same issue specially mic problem and can not use any social app like Whats App FB messenger IMO and other
  • i tried to make Soft Reset, Hard Reset change app but still no solution and contact with Nokia Care multiple time but they are very lazy and just playing also noise cancellation is not working
  • Same issues with my phone. No mic activity in third party apps.

• Viby Viby
    ✭✭  / 

Next Android 10 issues was Incoming call getting to show on the mobile to take more than 6 seconds it means someone to miss call within 5 seconds the miss call will not show

• Sakitumi Sakitumi

I can now confirm that Skype, WhatsApp and Messenger Facebook apps have muted microphone during calls.

I don't use Viber but I assume similar simptoms.

Any workaround so far?

More to the above I noticed a general scrolling lag in apps that have this necessity, e.g. Phone app-recent calls.

• Viby Viby
    ✭✭  / 

Yes same issues

• emr emr
    ✭✭  / 

I too have that problem (TA-1095)

• mohamed reda01 mohamed reda01
     /  edited December 2019

I have the same mic issues with the applications, Any solution for that?

• KyleB KyleB
    ✭✭  / 

Me too. What gives Nokia? At least I didn't have to mail my phone my back to Texas for a fix this update. So that's progress...

• chris wiley chris wiley
    ✭✭  / 

only work around I know of is have this guy unlock your bootloader and flash a rom

https://www.facebook.com/TechMesto/

• KyleB KyleB

Do not do a Factory Reset as Nokia chat bots will ask your to do. It made no difference and the issue is still there.

• chris wiley chris wiley
    ✭✭  / 

the phone is just a big time sink now

• KyleB KyleB

Using a plugged in headset with mic works. Also, just like lakersuperman mentioned turning the Google app's microphone permissions to deny works.

So, basically Nokia has pulled another goof and is asking users to factory reset when that will not help. Maybe its time for Nokia to quit for real this time.

Keep in mind my mic works for phone calls just not video chat of any kind. Nokia part II is really bad at this.

• Hi I am updated android 10 voice issue other person not lesion my voice clarity and my voice is distributed please Fixe bugs

• Viby Viby
    ✭✭  / 

Such a irresponsible team is behind the Android 10 launch without proper checking the software now my Nokia mobile is dummy nothing can do.

• Law22 Law22
    ✭✭  / 

Having the same issues. Additionally when making calls to only some Contacts, all i can hear is unpleasant squeaking noises when they answer. Went away for a bit but did a soft reset this morning for mic issues and all issues are back. Not sure what to do.

• Nokia 7.1 TA-1085, I've got mic and speaker issues as well. I really hope that Nokia fixes this as I'm really enjoying the phone

• KyleB KyleB
    ✭✭  / 

It seems even the pixel 4 is having somewhat similar issues, but via a beta issue: https://9to5google.com/2019/12/23/pixel-4-google-assistant-broken/

• ivantheh ivantheh

This works for me. thanks! call on 3rd party apps works, but the phone call still does not work, I can only hear "chipmunk" voice, the other side can hear mine though.

• dfj240 dfj240
     / 

This is the same thing happening to me, but I just fixed it this morning finally after fussing with it ever since day 1 of updating my TA-1085.

You need to turn off VoLTE, and disable Wi-Fi calling (I know, I know... Supposed to be key features of modern smart phones... I'm with you.)

Go to Settings, then Network, then press Mobile Network. Toggle VoLTE to OFF, then choose Advanced. Under Calling/Wi-Fi Calling, press Calling Preference, and choose "Call over mobile network".

Calling now works for me and voice fidelity is back to being good on both sides of the call. In the meantime, can Nokia please get this sorted out so I can use my phone for what I bought it for? This is NOT a user end issue, this is a problem with your firmware/OS package.

• ivantheh ivantheh

Thank you for the details! the phone call works now by disabling VoLTE. I think voice is just one of issues after update, there must be other issues by the time I use the phone, but thanks again

• Viby Viby
    ✭✭  / 

What about TA-1095

• Having the same microphone issue with Whatsapp and Facebook messenger. I have the TA-1085. I fixed the charging port issue on my own since Nokia wont fix it. I was getting to like the phone again but now with the android 10 update microphone issue. Im getting very frustrated and thinking about ditching this phone and going back to Samsung and never gonna buy a Nokia phone again. THEY NEED TO FIX THIS ASAP!!!!! or this phone is gonna be a mid-range android one paper weight.

• Turned off the VOLTE and WIFI Calling kinda of fix the problem. Phone calls and WhatsApp works now but FB messenger still not working.