No Free Headset out of the Box

It's very embarrassing to us or even in other Market/s why HMD Global decides NOKIA 2.3 excludes an Earphone/Headset out of the Box.

No Free Headset out of the Box

jeffianFM jeffianFM
✭✭✭  /  edited December 2019

It's very embarrassing to us or even in other Market/s why HMD Global decides NOKIA 2.3 excludes an Earphone/Headset out of the Box.

This is a Cheap Phone but it doesn't mean they should exclude the basic Accessories based on the Packaging circulating Online.

[HMD Global can't sell NOKIA Branded Accessories other Countries then now they excludes in Packaging for NOKIA 2.3]

Question: For NOKIA 2.3 Users how to deal with that even NOKIA Local Stores has no Stocks for NOKIA Accessories for their Phones? (Except INDIA, USA and UK)

Comments

• Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    Super User  /  edited December 2019

Most smartphone users don't use a bundled earphone anyways. So, it makes sense to not put one in the box. Users can purchase any headset they like of any brand they want. This saves money and also produces less unwanted e-waste.

But, Nokia Mobile should bring original accessories to every market where they sell their phones.

• jeffianFM jeffianFM

But in general that's why NOKIA Users doesn't use Bundled Headset because of Poor Quality of Sound (I forgot the Model of it) instead of using High-End one such as in NOKIA 8.1 Bundled Headset.

And we're aware that NOKIA supports for Recycling E-Waste so there's no Big Impact of our Environment because of that kind of Practices.

NOKIA Users doesn't want use Alternative or Other Brand Headset due to Incompatibility Issues that was not included to the Laboratory Test in our every NOKIA Phones (This the most important Protocols and not advisable to use Alternatives).

Lastly, no one still knows why HMD Global aren't sell Accessories all Countries since 2017. (They always claiming because of Region, Operator and all but 2020 are now fast approaching maybe that's not an Excuse already.)

Super User  / 

Most brands these days do not bundle headsets with low end phones. The headphone that ships with Nokia 8.1 is of premium quality and it is understandable that it won't be bundled with a low end phone. 🙂

• jeffianFM jeffianFM
    ✭✭✭  / 

If that so. Why NOKIA recommends not to use Alternative Headset even they can't sell Accessories in all Markets plus no Bundled-Headset in every Low-End Phones?

The Question is, where's the Logic there?

Super User  /  edited December 2019

Where did HMD/Nokia say that headdets of other brands are not recommended?

• jeffianFM jeffianFM

In "My Phone App." according to Tech. Support It's not recommended to use Non-NOKIA Branded Headsets due to Incompatibility Issues and that's true. That's the fact.

(According to "My Phone App." Tech Support It depends to NOKIA Users if they want risk their Phones using Other Brands or Alternatives and Etc.)

The question here is. Why HMD Global wants to risk everything specially those NOKIA Users if they claim it's not recommended at all? In short, It's a Big Problem if HMD Global can't sell Accessories Locally.

NOTE: Please read the Screenshot as our reference.

• jeffianFM jeffianFM

Please Read Carefully (Note: This is Local Inquiry)

• n2652 n2652
    ✭✭  / 

My 2.3 came with a earphone. And about using from others brands I do not think that will cause any issue.