Downgrade Android 10 to Android 9

hallo, please help me to downgrade my nokia 7.1 ta-1095 from android 10 stable to stock android 9 firmware. thanks

Downgrade Android 10 to Android 9

Mik94 Mik94
✭✭  /  edited December 2019

hallo, please help me to downgrade my nokia 7.1 ta-1095 from android 10 stable to stock android 9 firmware. thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• user1520881638007 user1520881638007
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

You can visit any nearest Nokia care center and ask them to flash the software to Android 9 Pie

Before going to care center have these

- Bill of Purchase

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

Since its only 1 update, remove your Google account and then change to the inactive slot from download mode. That will boot to Android 9.

Dont connect wifi at setup else you'll be forced to update before entering the Android System.

• Mik94 Mik94

I have flashed Android 10 Wirth SD Card, i try With ostLa and ADB to flash android 9 firmware but Has failed

• Mik94 Mik94
    ✭✭  / 

No Budy Help me? Please. I hate Android 10

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

As I said, just change to the inactive slot and then do a factory reset from recovery mode. It will be back to Android 9.

Remember to remove the Google account beforehand and then don't connect WiFi during setup.

• Mik94 Mik94
    ✭✭  / 

hallo singhnsk, i has changed to the inactive slot and i do a factory reset from recovery mode, but nothing. it has boot on android 10. now i have another problem, i do factory reset an now i have

-- Wiping data...

Formatting /data

Data wipe complete.

E: Can't open /logfs/recovery/log: No such file or directory

E: Can't open /logfs/recovery/log/last_log: No such file or directory

E: Can't open /logfs/recovery/log/last_install: No such file or directory.

why? and it' that bad? how to remove dat an how can i back to Pie? thanks

• Hi everyone,

Similar problem here. I'm inside a loop...download update then restart and error message, delete all my data and start over again...

hallo singhnsk, what do you mean with "change to the inactive slot.." ?

I've tried to enter into the command screen, and do a clean data, install from sdcard, and install from adb(this last one seemed to be working, installation successful...but after restart same problem...)

Also another question for singhnsk, how do you remove the google account? I mean I have deleted all my data, but when the phone restarts it doesn't give me access to the phone itself, only emergency calls and update screen...in short it forces me to gave the phone a wifi and then it forces me to update...I can not skip that menu...otherwise I would be happy to stay on the previous android version....

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

@Mik94 Hi, that's not bad. Try to reboot after that and hopefully your phone will boot up.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

@Juan Carmona Hi, you need to get to Android 10 and then remove your Google Account. After that change the slot and you should be back on Android 9.

You can also try by not connecting to WiFi and instead using Mobile Data. Most phones wouldn't force a big update on a mobile data connection. That way you should be able to get out without having to install the update.

• Juan Carmona Juan Carmona

Hi @singhnsk , thanks for trying to help.

I tried your second idea, leaving just the mobile data, and it didn't work, it still forces me to update the system.

About the first idea I have the feeling that either I'm not understanding what you are trying to say or that the behaviour of my phone is different from what you expect.

The behaviour of my phone is as follows: If i say yes to the update then the update finishes correctly(in case is not clear, if i don't say yes I'm trapped on that screen...), then the phone restarts and there i start having the problems, instead of starting correctly it shows me a screen with two options: try again or delete your data. If i try again i come back to same screen, if i delete my data then the phone starts correctly but I'm presented with a configuration screen that asks me for the wifi and then checks for updates...and there we are back to the infinite loop...I also tried downloading android 10 ota for nokia 7.1 and installed it correctly using adb sideload but then the phone restarts and I get the same black screen with the two options: try again or delete your data...again infinite loop...

Any ideas?

Thanks

✭✭✭✭  / 

@Juan Carmona

You can skip the set-up but at first moment ,this option will not be available and for that you need to do this

• After Selecting SIM for Mobile/Cellular Data and Calls it will ask for Wi-Fi Set up and there select the mobile data
    • When it search for Android Updates,you might got the notification,just tap the back button and you will be in Internet Set-Up page
    • There you will see the Skip the Set-Up or Don't do this now option,Select that and accept to skip that

Hope you got it

• Mik94 Mik94
    ✭✭  / 

not working! we need a stock android pie rom to flash with OSTLA!

✭✭✭✭  / 

@Juan Carmona @sfh1975

Then Visit to Nearest care center and get the device to Android 9 Pie Build

Link for Care Center Location- https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_int/support/care-center-locator

Carry these when visiting the care center

• Purchase Bill
  • Yes I`m considering that for a while now, but I bought my phone in Germany and now I live in Canada...for what I have talked with Amazon is not so straight forward and I will need at least one month...So I'm not amuse about the Android 10 update process....

• I want download nokia 6.1 plus because Android 10 very bugging

✭✭✭✭  / 

@Deepankar Shakya

For device downgrade visit the care center and get it downgrade to Android Pie

• Carry Purchase Bill along with device

After downgrade of the device from care center ,go to settings>system>developer settings*>automatic system updates>toggle off

*To enable that go to settings>system>about phone and tap the build number 7 times

• How to android 10 to Android 9 downgrade

✭✭✭✭  / 

Visit the care center along with purchase bill and ask them to downgrade the device software to Android 9 Pie

After downgrade to Pie ,Build Version need to be V3.51 or V3.54

• DYD DYD
    ✭✭  / 

How to downgrade from home? I dont have Nokia Care Centar nearbuy. :(

• Hi,

How to downgrade Nokia 6.1 plus from Android 10 to 9?

• user1541875422121 user1541875422121
    ✭✭  / 

El Nokia 7.1 con Android 10 funciona con varios errores

• Rashid0302 Rashid0302
    ✭✭  / 

hallo, please help me to downgrade my nokia 2.3 ta-1206 from android 10 stable to stock android 9 firmware. thanks

• Ajay Fernando Ajay Fernando
    ✭✭  / 

After updating my phone to android 10 it has been 4-5 moths I haven't used my camera, whenever I try to take a snap the phone reboots itself, and can't watch any videos, YouTube, music apps as I open the apps before opening the phone reboots the only thing which seems Faster it this **** reboots. Please provide maintenance update. Sick of using this phone

• Gugu Gugu
    ✭✭  / 

Hi I have Nokia 7.2 and I want to downgrade my android 10 to 9 , because it makes my phone little slow and I don't like that please help me out from this

• Bachhu bhai Bachhu bhai
    ✭✭  / 

back in days when i was using microsoft lumia 535 which has much much better software support, even user can flash latest firmware/upgrade or downgrade windows 10 mobile OS at home by official method with no glitch at all.

• Phokian Phokian
    ✭✭  / 

After I upgraded to Android 10, I cannot send any text messages but can receive them.I bought the Nokia 6.2 phone about beginning of April. Just a few days ago I got a message on screen that Android 10 was available to upgrade from 9. There was a few bugs in Android 9 that I thought might be solved in Android 10 but I get a worse problem. I went through a list of suggestions. Deleted storage and cache, reset the settings,nothing worked I took the phone to my communications provider who after replacing the sim card said he was unable to fix it and would not try any further as Vodafone don’t do Nokia phones, even though he had tried initially. He advised to send it back to tvsn shop where I had bought it but that might mean I’m not with a phone for a few weeks. He thought it might be a hardware fault but why would a hardware fault coincide exactly with upgrade to Android 10. After trying more things on my own, I found it was not possible to uninstall Messages. I tried another messaging app that had better reviews but was getting so swamped with ads, I could hardly use it. All the rest had very bad reviews. So finally I did a factory reset.I thought this might bring it back to Android 9 but during the reset could not really check what it was doing as some visitors came just after I started, so not certain if it might have offered again for me to choose Android 10 or not but carried on to Android 10 as I may not have given an answer in time. If I could have got it back to Android 9 then I think Messaging would work properly again.

So should I send it back to tvsn.co.nz which is a TV channel for promoting goods to sell.

Is it possible to fix it without sending it back, assuming it could be a software thing.?

• Phokian Phokian
    ✭✭  /  edited May 23

If I have to send the Nokia 6.2 to a care centre then the nearest to me is in Sydney Australia. I am in Invercargill New Zealand. There either needs to be a simple way to way to Downgrade to Android 9 or a rapid bug fix update. Since I was advised to send it back to where I bought it, that is quite far in Australia. Although there is a tvsn branch in New Zealand when I bought the phone they were saying on the TV channel: tvsn.au that there was only six left to sell, so I think it must have been shipped from there. Though might try contacting tvsn.co.nz to see if the New Zealand branch could downgrade it. Why should a bugged release be made so difficult for the customer? I mean a bugged Android release which is from Google but the bugs can be different depending on phone hardware so I think Nokia needs to check this before allowing upgrade.

• numaan ahmad numaan ahmad
     / 

Plz give me Android 9 update