Should i buy Nokia 8 sirroco at rs 23000 in December 2019?

Actually planning to buy this phone as it has a huge discount but i am a little bit hesitant because of the screen issues ..can i buy this phone?is it worth ?

Should i buy Nokia 8 sirroco at rs 23000 in December 2019?

Actually planning to buy this phone as it has a huge discount but i am a little bit hesitant because of the screen issues ..can i buy this phone?is it worth ?

Comments

• Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited December 2019

Not sure. Nokia 8 Sirocco has a very good design and it is the only phone that has a 5.5" 16:9 aspect ratio display in such a tiny form factor but what about the spare parts if unfortunately your Sirocco gives some issues? I want to but I wouldn't recommend a Sirocco now because I don't want someone to have a bad experience due to an older device with limited spare lart availability. You can wait for a price cut on Nokia 9 PureView or buy the 8 Sirocco if you really want to take the risk and if you can live with the issues if any occur.

Edit. You can wait for the Nokia 8.2 which i believe will be launched for around ₹30k INR.

• I think i posted the question very late ..i pinned down on sirroco because of snap dragon 835 ,6 gb ram and 128 gb memory ..and i waited for 8.1 to ba available in 6 gb varient online .but it's out of stock ..and when i already have a sirroco ..i enquired at a offline store they have it at 23000 now ..um.a bit sad and a mixed feeling ...i dont know i did it right ...and yes..people don't recognise this beautiful phone ...have to tell them..should I be sad now...i took this decision very rashly and ordered it ...now😕

✭✭✭✭  / 

You are using it? If yes, then enjoy it. You won't find such a beautiful compact phone made from Stainless steel (it is also the only Nokia android smartphone made using stainless steel). Just enjoy it. 😊

Buy some skins and a good case and screen protector..😉

• Thanks dude..but i am not getting any accessories here in ..and every online screen Tempered has so many negative reviews..i am still unable to get a screen protector..help will be appreciated..thanks in advance ..if you know provide some link if you know any so that i can buy it ..

✭✭✭✭  / 

Check Aliexpress. If i find a good deal on amazon or flipkart i'll share here. 😊

• anirban banerjee anirban banerjee
    ✭✭  /  edited December 2019

There is no screen glass with curved edges which will sit nicely on Sirocco. I am using it for last 1.5+ yrs - no issue, default screen is gorilla glass, and have tried a few screen protectors, have not been happy with the quality/fit/finish.. I am not using any screen protector or curved glass at all. I just use a good quality flip cover and that's all. Try flipkart / amazon app.

Yes this is a great phone - you should not have any issues - only downside is that they didn't include a microSD card slot - so 128 GB minus the system app space is all you got.

Snapdragon 855 is current now - but no Nokia yet has it. I shall upgrade once I have a good Nokia model running 855...otherwise I am perfectly happy with this phone.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

The only screen protector that will help that display is that TPU/Plastic film. No glass protector can take care of that curve :)

BTW congrats on the Sirocco. I'd have advised to not buy it, but since you already did, enjoy it to the fullest :) Unfortunately, Android 10 will be the last update it will get. That said, it is unlike any other phone out there.

• Update people I returned my nokia sirroco and got a nokia 8.1 6gb version ..writing from the same phone :)

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Interesting.. I'd like to know about where you returned it and what cost differences you paid/received :)

Congrats on the 8.1, maybe not as fancy as the Sirocco, but really a nice phone :)

• aviral singh aviral singh
    ✭✭  / 

Singhnsk first of all happy new year ..i bought it from Flipkart for 23000 and then requested for a replacement,but nowadays they have a very strict policy .there is a tech visit they make a video of the problem ..and then they approve ..but i got through.and then again for the replacement i , requested for a refund..got it approved and got my money back .and i bought the nokia 8.1 for 20800 ,and yes i was lucky ..i counted 19000 gave for billing .he put it in the counting machine ,but he was sought of busy .and he returned me 200 ,thinking that i have him 21000 ,so i got this beautiful phone at rs 18800 unofficially and i got a bill printed one of 20800..suggest people did i get a good deal ..

✭✭✭✭  / 

Happy New Year. 😃

I would like to know why you returned the 8 Sirocco. You didn't like it? You were very lucky haha. Enjoy your new 8.1.

I personally wouldn't have replaced it with 8.1 but then you also got some money back so it is a win win. 😃

• aviral singh aviral singh
    ✭✭  / 

Very lucky you mean i did something wrong ..actually the phone was awesome the build was far more superior then 8.1 but i was neither getting any tempered for it ..and the phone we as very inconvenient when you hold it when you make a call ..you are always in a constant fear that you might drop it and it had no tempered on it ..i dint wanted to live in the fear that i will drop it ..i really take care of my devices ..my last phone moto z 2 play is in the best condition possible ..i really t ake care of my phone ..and. Yes the screen of sirroco was far more better then the 8.1 but no major difference in the camera ..i feel 8.1 and sirroco both have similar camera characteristics..correct me if i am wrong here ..but the only thing i miss on 8.1 is the amoled .the pixel density and the ip 67 rating. ..rest is all hood