WhatsApp voice message distortion issue after Android 10 update

I got the Android 10 update around a week ago, and since then Whatsapp voice messages on my phone play distorted. My phone is a Nokia 7.1 Blue colour.

WhatsApp voice message distortion issue after Android 10 update

saisw saisw
✭✭  / 

I got the Android 10 update around a week ago, and since then Whatsapp voice messages on my phone play distorted. My phone is a Nokia 7.1 Blue colour.

Now I can be convinced that the problem was with my phone if 1) WhatsApp voice messages through headphones play fine, but they don't, they're still distorted

2) any other audio, music, etc. anything for that matter, also show distortion, but it doesn't, they play through the speakers fine, without any distortion.

I've done a complete factory reset of my phone and still the issue persists, any help would be welcome.

Tagged:

Comments

• DYD DYD
    ✭✭  / 

The same thing happens to me with the real drums app. Sound is distorted. In other apps sound is normal.

• kinda freakz kinda freakz
    ✭✭  / 

Yes, I have the same issue on my Nokia 6.1 plus. please fix this issue asap!!

• siraj udheen siraj udheen
    ✭✭  / 

Yes, I have the same issue with my Nokia 6.1 plus after update 10... who knows how to solve it please help...

• Lazysince1995 Lazysince1995
    Super User  / 

It's android 10 bug on our phone now. There is no problem in our android phones, it's just a software problem. Since it's very first release of android 10 it have few bugs and very soon bugs will be fixed through maintenance release.

Need to wait for update now is only option.

• DYD DYD
    ✭✭  /  edited January 18

• Nidhin pk Nidhin pk
    ✭✭  /  edited January 18

Same issue found in my device😡.

What can i do ? Please tell me

• DYD DYD
    ✭✭  /  edited January 18

If u do hard reset(vol+ and UP) and open whatsapp audio message immediately upon restart, u will see that there is no distortion, but after couple of seconds distortions are back. I think some process started upon restart and cause distortion of audio.

• AlexVilla AlexVilla
    ✭✭  / 
    even for myself problem

• Sourojyoti Ghosh Sourojyoti Ghosh
    ✭✭  /  edited February 13

Same problem here. Exactly same and its February now. So its on January update. Still not fixed. Essential phone also had the same issue but it was fixed with the January update. Even some op phones got it fixed already. Are devs even working on a fix for this can we get a confirmation???

• Sandip payra Sandip payra
    ✭✭  / 

I got the Android 10 update and since then Whatsapp voice messages on my phone play distorted. My phone is a Nokia 7.1 

• Yes also i have nokia 6.1 ..but another app sound is good only have problem WhatsApp voice massage. Please fix it

• Michael_Nokia Michael_Nokia
    ✭✭  /  edited February 24

I give Up Nokia Not fix The Voice Sound Problem since few month. never buy a nokia again

✭✭  / 

I give Up Nokia Not fix it since few month. never buy a nokia

✭✭  / 

many people get that Problem but Nokia still do nothing

• Evgenia Evgenia
     / 

I have the same problem with Watsup voice, but when I plug in a headset, it is working. Is it possible that the problem is with mic hardware? Standard phone calls are working good with or without headset. It is strange.

• Hello i have the same problem

• jasioli jasioli
     / 

Same problem. Voice messages sound with distortion only when played on speaker. If I put the phone on my ear it sounds ok. Also, when I'm wearing headphones, voice messages sound distorted, but if I cover the phone with my hand as if I were putting it on my ear, it sounds perfect. Seems to be a software issue.

✭✭  / 

also in march then Not fix The Problem. you buy a Nokia again ? me nevermore

• Kamrankhan Kamrankhan
     / 

Kamran Khan

• Sharooq shameen Sharooq shameen
    ✭✭  / 

I also have same issue in my 6.1 plus

• Kimble303 Kimble303
    ✭✭  / 

Monument Valley 2 game is free (for a limited period of time) at the moment.

Installed it, but it is impossible to play because of the snap, crackle & pop sound obviously generated by my phone. Unbearable.

• Haryanvi Haryanvi
     / 

The problem is i think came from Android 10, not a few Pixel Phone and another Android One phone have same issue.

I test the both speaker (bottom speaker also basically used for music or media and phone speaker at the top for voice calling). I found what's make sound distort is from top speaker. i use a simple app for activate and boost volume all output to the top speaker and all app using sound i test is crackling/distorted using top speaker, even music.

Maybe that's why some app like Whatsapp is distorted, i think the algorithm of the app is problem there, like Whatsapp algorithm maybe output default voice message is to top speaker but developer for optimizing app didn't want to make second algoritm to output the voice message with bottom speaker so they just have to continue voice message audio from top speaker where is distorted, to bottom speaker and the sound make more worse crackling/distorted.

or maybe it's just the problem of top speaker in android 10?

hope Google hear this.

• youhippy youhippy
    ✭✭✭  / 

This also happens with my Nokia 9 Awfulview.

• Bobhoskins Bobhoskins
    ✭✭  /  edited April 17

I wasn't told android one was a beta test thing, wasn't sold to me that way... I had to pay to have the bootloader opened and downgraded my phone back to 9, works perfect again but I want 10... And to upgrade I'd like to know... Has Nokia bothered to fix this yet? April 2020

• youhippy youhippy
    ✭✭✭  / 

Doubt it!

• nomanulhaq_032 nomanulhaq_032
    ✭✭  / 

i have nokia 3.2, the problem is pretty much the same. my microphone works correctly when i call directly via my phone app or WhatsApp or any other but it doesnt works when i try to do a voice note either on skype, messenger, google voice typing or WhatsApp. the audio i try to send becomes empty. have recently contacted to Nokia support. had done alot of things to fix this major bug but couldn't find a solution. either its full factory reset or force restart and else....nothing works....google os and nokia team should collaborate on urgent basis in order to rectify this else it would be a much greater problem and loss for nokia brand.

• The same happens to me. WhatsApp voice messages are badly heard. Also when I want to take a flash photo from the WhatsApp application, the flash does not come out

• Kovalevsky Kovalevsky
    ✭✭  /  edited May 12

Well, I bought the phone (Nokia 7.1 a month ago) and I discover this issue almost the first day that I turn on... Reading all the posts I guess that there isn't a workaround yet. Today, I don't get it if the problem is Whatsapp development , some Android implementation or some Nokia error. 😔. In others applications that I tested it the sound is Ok.

• FanNokia FanNokia
    ✭✭  / 

Tengo el mismo problema,mi nokia 7.1 es azul. Las distorsión se escucha mucho en los audios de WhatsApp, en musica y películas no. En juegos también se escucha aunque no es tanto como en WhatsApp. También suele congelarse la pantalla, y se reinicia la IU o algo asi. La actualización a android 10 que tanto esperaba solo empeoro el teléfono. Aunque si valoro que hayan incluido el modo obscuro y la navegación por gestos, pero prefiero mil veces que funcione bien, haci que me gustaría y voy a buscar di puedo regresar a android 9. Creo que es el que menos me dio problemas.

• FanNokia FanNokia
    ✭✭  / 

Se sabe algo de esa actualización de mantenimiento?

Algo oficial?

Me gustaría saberlo :(