Official: Most Nokia Mobile twitter followers prefer landscapes to selfies

Hi all, HMD ran a poll on Twitter:

Official: Most Nokia Mobile twitter followers prefer landscapes to selfies

madbilly madbilly
✭✭✭✭  / 

Hi all,

HMD ran a poll on Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/NokiaMobile/status/1204804701407064064

The results clearly show that most people who follow that account prefer landscape photos to selfies.

What does this mean? I think it means that most people who replied actually take the process of photography seriously (as far as you can with a smartphone) rather than just to snap themselves, post it on social media and later forget it.

I hope this means that HMD will take some of our requests a bit more seriously and reduce the amount of sharpening which they do. In my opinion this ruins most landscape photos, because in landscape there's a huge amount of detail and the edge-detection/sharpening algorithm highlights the edges of all the details, giving everything a whitish mist and reducing the impact of the natural colours (which, generally, I think HMD's phones are quite good at capturing accurately).

What else do you think this means and what other improvements do you hope that HMD being to their phones in future (and maybe to existing models!)?

Cheers 🙂