New Nokia C1! #LevelUp!

Hi all, You might have not noticed that HMD released a new Nokia phone! No, not the 2.3, I'm talking about the Nokia C1!

New Nokia C1! #LevelUp!

madbilly madbilly
✭✭✭✭  / 

Hi all,

You might have not noticed that HMD released a new Nokia phone! No, not the 2.3, I'm talking about the Nokia C1!

Specs here: https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_int/nokia-c-1

And comparison with other HMD Android Go phones here: https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_int/compare?devices=nokia-c-1_vs_nokia-2-2018_vs_nokia-1-plus

I believe this is the smartphone which was seen passing certification with a believed UniSoc processor, but we don't know much about the details.

And the price? About €50! That's what I remember reading, I can't find the source anymore.

I can't believe that HMD aren't making more of a song and dance about this. A smartphone for €50?! Okay, low specs, but still adequate. And less than the KaiOS phones!

What do you think?

Cheers 🙂

Tagged:

Comments

• Wanderlust Wanderlust
    ✭✭✭  / 

Waiting for this.......

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

I was just wondering if the C1 will get OS version updates at all. I presume it will get security updates, but who knows how long for. Maybe @OKASU knows?

Cheers 🙂

• dray78 dray78
    ✭✭✭  / 

No 4G and only 2.4 GHz Wifi.

This text i saw on a Dutch site;

The phone also has a quad-core processor from MediaTek, 1GB of memory and 16GB of internal storage. Not enough, then you can expand this to a maximum of 64GB. Furthermore, the C1 is equipped with a 2500 mAh battery, 3.5 mm audio connection, FM radio and there is dual sim.

The Nokia C1 is currently only released in a few African countries. The price is around 55 euros. A release in Europe seems almost impossible.

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Hi @dray78 I think the information on that website is not quite correct. The phone has been released in Pakistan and other non-African countries and as far as I know the SoC is not Mediatek nor Qualcomm; it could be UniSoc (used to be Spreadtrum).

Cheers 🙂