Missing Nokia Zeiss watermark

The Nokia 7.2 is the only model which does not have the option to add the watermark in camera settings. Why is this? 2 updates already and still not fixed.

Missing Nokia Zeiss watermark

Deb Ghosh Deb Ghosh
✭✭  / 

The Nokia 7.2 is the only model which does not have the option to add the watermark in camera settings. Why is this? 2 updates already and still not fixed. Nokia please look into this.

Comments

• Dheerajpal Dheerajpal
    ✭✭  / 
    [{"insert":"Nokia should work on this. \n Nokia 7.2 camera comes with Zeiss . But there is not any watermark mark when click photo. This is not good. \n"}]
  • Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    Super User  / 

Even Nokia 9 PureView doesn't have the option to add watermark. Noka 7.2 had it at the time of launch but the next update removed it. I hope it comes back with the next major update.

• nilesh pawar nilesh pawar
     / 

Recently I purchased Nokia 7.2 but I have not seen any watermark option in camera settings. I want this option activated in camera settings to display camera information on every photo clicked by Mobile Phone.

• Karthik 2003 Karthik 2003
    ✭✭✭  / 

They really need to include it in the next update. It's a nice feature and users should get the choice to use it if they want to

• Florenz Jaime Florenz Jaime
    ✭✭  / 

They intentionally removed the watermark

✭✭✭  / 

Why in the world would Nokia remove something that I think no one had a problem with? Most people prefer it I guess, judging by the number of times this issue has been brought up in the community. They should seriously try bringing it back.

✭✭✭  / 

Oh goodness no @FTBK 😂😂

I meant the subtle relatively smaller watermark at the bottom right corner of photos that is there on phones like the 8.1 which have zeiss optics too😂

• Rajuraj yadav Rajuraj yadav
    ✭✭  / 

These are small things but costumers loves these hmd must think about it..

✭✭✭  / 

Hmw global now huh😂 though I guess it only happened with the 7.2. Hope they become hmd again with the next update for the 7.2😂

• Rorro Rorro
    ✭✭  /  edited July 22

Does the watermark return or not?

HMD-Nokia and its poorly thought-out decisions.

I don't see the brand from the Nokia 6.

✭✭✭  / 

I don't see what hmd global is trying to do. They keep removing the features customers like about their phones. Watermark, gone. Ambient display(like the one that used to be on the 8.1) gone. Fast charging on 7.2, gone. Camera updates and basically any updates other than security patches are rare these days. Seriously hope they get everything straight soon.

• Dr Sachin Dr Sachin
    ✭✭  / 

i am using the 6GB RAM version. The phone takes a lot of time while switching between windows even though i have installed only a handful of applications.The camera clarity is not good compared to old nokia phones such as the N8( i still have it). Even the notification light doesnt blink for whatsapp or facebook or any email notifications.

✭✭✭  / 

At this point I guess it's clear that hmd isn't bothered about improving the user experience in any way after about three months of the release. All the updates that come now are just security patches with no meaningful updates to the ui and features. Other oems don't update that frequently, but the updates usually include nice enhancements to user experience. I seem to have lost hope in expecting updates that will bring any of the features that we've asked for or fix most of the bugs that have been reported. Yup, so I guess we just gotta live with it the way it is now. Security updates will follow but I've made it a point not to expect anything new here.

Super User  /  edited July 31

This is an Android One device. So, do not expect updates to bring any changes or improvements to UI. Google does that and Nokia cannot do anything about it. It is kind of sad that Nokia Mobile does not make a separate line up of phones that do not come with Android One.

Google restricts a lot of things on Android One but users do not know about it until they buy an Android One phone and start missing those useful extra features that devices with custom UI offer.

Personally, I find watermarks the worst thing to be put on images as those stay there and destroy the image. I prefer images to be watermark free. I click images to capture the memories and not to show off the watermark.

Many like to have the watermarks, so an option within the camera app to turn it on/off can be usefull. The watermark feature in the camera app can return if we are able to make some noise.😉

• nitinkachare nitinkachare
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited July 31

We can avoid copyright issues of our photos in photography with the use of those watermark with the name. I like to use those watermark in my photos except in officials photos. Many people look at those photos and they get aware that it has captured by one of Nokia ZEISS phone.

• Jocke.Sve Jocke.Sve
    ✭✭✭  / 

To avoid "copyright issues" must each phone add unique watermarks.

Personally I prefer all my photos without any clutter like watermark an layers of distraction.

If I like to see the camera/phone info it's stored in EXIF info (not aware of it states Zeiss there though)

✭✭✭  / 

Not just the watermark, but also the ozo audio, ambient display, they're all things that hmd can do. Why they don't is another story altogether ig

Super User  / 

OZO Audio is based on hw and also it is a technology of Nokia and they have to pay them if they use the tech in some phone. So, phones in lower price range cannot have it.

But yes, HMD should dive deeper in software features which would improve the user experience and that can be done if they want.

• Gaming CH Gaming CH
    ✭✭  / 

mmm... i dont know this issue is all on Nokia Phone but My Nokia 6.1 Plus still has Watermark option on it and it was the newest Update

and i have lot of problem with newest Android 10 update (Slow motion doesnt work, Always On Display like feature is not working as intended)