Anyone using Nokia 8.1 (TA-1119) in NZ with VoLTE?

jma jma
✭✭  / 

Answers

• jma jma
    ✭✭  / 

Spark/Skinny or Vodafone

• jma jma
    ✭✭  / 

Thanks for the info. I asked and they didn't provide clear answers, instead time me to ask Nokia. Which phone were you using while in NZ? Were you using a local SIM or on roaming? Am trying to analyse how these things work.

• jma jma
    ✭✭  / 

Thanks for that. Makes sense VoLTE is enabled on Vodafone AU network so definitely will work on Vodafone NZ network. I don't see the option to enable 4gb voice calling in my phone settings. So looks like HMD needs to add the NZ carrier profiles to the firmware. I am sure my TA-1119 has the AU carrier profiles and VoLTE will work straight away. VoLTE in NZ started few months ago, so HMD might take a while to add the carrier profiles to the firmware

• jma jma
    ✭✭  / 

Dialled #*#4636#*#, in phone information volte provisioned is off and greyed out. Dialled #*#86583#*#, restarted. No signs of volte. Also option not seen in the mobile network settings. Looks like there is something more to this. Is your TA-1119 updated to Android 10 with November security patch?

• jma jma
    ✭✭  / 

Thanks anyway for all your help. Am expecting the option to be available in the next firmware update in a few months, if not will dump this phone.