2sim cards lost above 130HKD in 1week

the first sim card was 80+HKD worth; this phone 800tough ate all of the money just in 5 days after installing the first sim card, i go to disable Mobile data…

2sim cards lost above 130HKD in 1week

ostuffhuge ostuffhuge
✭✭  / 

the first sim card was 80+HKD worth; this phone 800tough ate all of the money just in 5 days

after installing the first sim card, i go to disable Mobile data and Roaming instantly and set to use only 2G network

ok then 5 days later, i see a message that (sim card have 0$ left)

the second sim card price was 48$, still the same settings...2 days ago...only 1.35 of HKD left

im unhappy now very:-( just a week i lost above 130HKD

does anyone know how to solve this issue, im feeling fear to test it

the default network setting is 4g/3g/2g automatic, does it happen only when running under 2g network

Comments

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

That is very weird. Did it continue to connect to data services even when they were turned off? And are you in a different region than your original? I meant, are you roaming?

Also, if possible, please consult your SIM provider to get a brief of the charges. Did they charge it for data? If so when? And if it is not the data, then what it is for?

With more info, we will be able to find out the issue (hopefully).

• ostuffhuge ostuffhuge
    ✭✭  /  edited December 2019

1. Did it continue to connect to data services even when they were turned off?

i dont think so. because when they were turned off, i unable to browse or watch any video through youtube application or cant browse any webpage by the built-in webbrowser (with wi-fi off)

2. And are you in a different region than your original? I meant, are you roaming?

No. in Hong Kong only. the sim card bought from HK too. SIM provider is SmarTone

before using 800tough, the first SIM card was inserted into another phone samsung gt-n7000, running at 2G network with no such a issue

and my mum's phone it is nokia 1...2g network and the sim provider is SmarTone too, none of issue

below is my guess

perhaps there is a bug in kaios and it happens only when using sim card at 2g network?

the default network mode is 4g/3g/2g automatic. most of users use their phone with default settings

so none of kaios user aware of this issue, even if somebody aware of this issue, they will set it to 3g or back to default setting, just avoid it, so im the only person who is reporting this issue?

umm i dunno if there are anymore info i can provide

• ostuffhuge ostuffhuge
    ✭✭  / 

i think need to improve my reply

while i was in the mobile phone shop, the shop assistant she asked me for testing, then she inserted her sim card into 800tough for testing purpose

of course after i paid for 800tough, she power off the phone, get her sim card back

when i arrived my house

insert my SmarTone sim card into the same phone 800tough, then power on

wondering if used 2 difference sim cards, without hardware reset, would causes this issue?

• ostuffhuge ostuffhuge
    ✭✭  /  edited December 2019

i have solved my issue in last sunday night

1. phone reset

2. update to the latest version of kaios

3. disable mobile data and roaming

4. lock mobile network in 2G

till now six days, no more issue

still dunno why it was happening to me

there are only 7 applications i will use

phone call, message, youtube, built-in webbrowser, map, google assistant, voice search

sorry for my lousy english