Proximity sensor

With the latest security update, proximity sensor of my mobile is not functioning properly. When the device is locked, the display automatically turns on.

Proximity sensor

Sanjayparsi Sanjayparsi
✭✭  /  edited December 2019

With the latest security update, proximity sensor of my mobile is not functioning properly. When the device is locked, the display automatically turns on. I tried blocking the proximity sensor then the display didn't turned on. Facing this issue since the latest november security patch.

Comments

• dray78 dray78
    ✭✭✭  /  edited December 2019

Can you clarify when the display automatically is turning on? Is it random or after when you received a notification?

• Sanjayparsi Sanjayparsi
    ✭✭  / 

It's randomly turning on by itself. I turned off the option too, which says to wake screen when receiving notifications. Still the display automatically turns on.

• dray78 dray78
    ✭✭✭  / 

Did you try to fix it with a factory reset?

✭✭  / 

Yes, made a factory reset. But nothing works.

• dray78 dray78
    ✭✭✭  / 

You should contact Nokia support. They don't give assistance on this platform.

Good luck.

✭✭  / 

I've contacted them, they are suggesting me to visit any service center. Though it would take 10 to 15 days of time, with an downgraded security update. So, I'm gonna wait until next security update for the fix. If not I will visit any service center.