Nokia 7.2 | Problems after Android 9 pie V1.390 Update

As Nokia 7.2 received Android 9 pie V1.390 Update yesterday, i've noticed that system is lagging a lot and battery is draining too fast.

Nokia 7.2 | Problems after Android 9 pie V1.390 Update

krishnasnapshots krishnasnapshots
✭✭✭✭  / 

As Nokia 7.2 received Android 9 pie V1.390 Update yesterday, i've noticed that system is lagging a lot and battery is draining too fast.

Please solve this issue as soon as possible.

@juho @HMDLaura @Dipankar

Tagged:

Comments

• derniwi derniwi
    ✭✭  / 

Hi, maybe there are some background optimizations. After I set up my 7.2 the first time, the battery lasts about a half day. After two or three days the system seemed to have conpleted those background tasks and the battery can be used much longer.

I don't know what Android does, maybe indexing music fules or photos.

Regards

Nils

• artful splodger artful splodger
    ✭✭✭  / 

Only got my 7.2 yesterday, updated straight away, not encountered any problems, battery usage seems ok

• After the December security patch (of my Nokia 7.2) I got another system updation of 222.2mb... I did that updation and now the phone is heating... When I am starting to work with phone it's starting to heat like a hot plate... Please help me...

• I bought this Nokia 7.2 and charging first time phone was highly heated. This is the second time...I did v1.390 updation midnight yesterday.. today I restarted... Now the heating has been come to a normal level... I think after an updation phone takes much time to practice to the updation...

• Jocke.Sve Jocke.Sve
    ✭✭✭  / 

My 7.2 stuts down a while after charging reaches 100%.

Any advices?

• DeMotte DeMotte
    ✭✭  / 

Humm only had my new phone for 3 weeks.. I did the Pie update.. now my phone powers down at night after it's been plugged in. It's a nightmare as I was using it as my alarm.. good thing I usually get up around the same time everyday. Does anyone have thoughts?

• Jocke.Sve Jocke.Sve
    ✭✭✭  / 

Is this software (latest update) related or hardware failure?

This is my third Android One phone and never had any issues like this (all running 100% stock/untouched Android One Pie).

• I m facing same issue till today. After 222.2 mb updates battery still draining very much in off screen mode. Please do need full. I m facing this problem since i have purchased this device. I m filling cheats by Nokia. Please do needful .

• DeMotte DeMotte
    ✭✭  / 

I'm gonna assume it's software.. the phone gets to 100% charge and at some point in the overnight powers off. It's not every night though. My latest try is to turn off adaptive battery option and so far so good.

• Jocke.Sve Jocke.Sve
    ✭✭✭  / 

Ahhh, damn!

I just sent my phone to warranty service... (had it for 12 days) :-(

Oh well, please keep us updated of Your progress! TY!

• Tvijaybds Tvijaybds
    ✭✭  / 

No bro. It's happening to many 7.2 phones. I disssapointed a lot with Nokia. But I still love and trust in Nokia. The prb may resolve very soon.

• Sam444 Sam444
    ✭✭  / 

7.2 dual SIM bought in Hong Kong. Same issue after latest update. Laggy pull down. Phone quite choppy. Please release a quick update or Android 10 to flush this out. It's annoying.

• Prjman Prjman
    ✭✭  / 

Mine is almost unusable that this point. Random slowdowns. Camera app takes forever to load. Screen sometimes unresponsive. I had upgraded for a 7.1, but the 7.2 has been a much worse experience so far.

I'm still hoping for an update to resolve, but can't wait forever on it.

• I have received my new update yesterday and things have been much much slower after the update, the camera doesn't responds quickly, the screen gets hunged and even the notification bar stops in the middle while scrolling it down... and yea the battery drains very fast

Nokia please fix all the bugs with your new update as soon as possible

• naveenm31 naveenm31
    ✭✭  / 

I am having similar issue with my Nokia 7.2 after the update as mentioned by user iamkrishna08. A couple of queries.

1. Is there a way to send logs to Nokia so that they can look into the issue?
    2. Has anyone from Nokia support commented on the issue? Is yes, when can we expect the fix?
    3. Any temporary workaround on the issue, like disabling some app/functionality?
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

Interesting how the same software gives different results. My device has been all smooth and awesome on the latest patch. But yes, I know people who have tried hard reset too and continue to face it. Not sure what causes the issue. Hoping that Nokia takes account of it and addresses it on priority.

• When I enable Pure display and the display (horizontal view) on You tube is darker than usual.

• DeMotte DeMotte
    ✭✭  / 

Anybody with performance issues like lag... Activate developer options and put all three animation options down to .50x.. amazing differences.

• FedyaG FedyaG
    ✭✭  / 

Same here. Screen sometimes is unresponsive, so you should tap several times. And little lags as well.

• After update Camera not save a RAW photo, only JPG. Please fix problem

• Nokia._.fan Nokia._.fan
    ✭✭  / 

It's was there before too...it's not fixed till now.

• Prjman Prjman
    ✭✭  / 

Ok - an update on my end. I found a tip on the XDA forums regarding the Google app on the 7.2. Apparently, there is a bug in the image, and clearing the cache/data will remedy it.

Try clearing the cache and data on both the Google app and the Google assistant app. After doing so, my severe lag issues have all but disappeared.

Hope this helps.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/nokia-7-2/how-to/nokia-7-2-common-bugs-fixes-t3990051