[Moved] How can I use my OTG to charge my Sony Experia L1 I know you can but I don't know how

OTG

[Moved] How can I use my OTG to charge my Sony Experia L1 I know you can but I don't know how

Fakhar 746 Fakhar 746
✭✭  /  edited May 20

OTG

Answers

• Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    Super User  /  edited May 20

Shouldn't you be asking this on Sony forum? 😑

• madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 

Hi @Fakhar 746,

Do you mean an OTG cable/adapter? You still need a charger with another cable which will plug into your OTG cable/adapter. I don't know what plug/socket type you have but you probably need a USB-A plug to go into your OTG adapter.

Cheers 🙂

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

Maybe he wants to use an OTG connected to his Nokia to charge his Xperia. I am not sure Nokia phones offer reverse charging. Anbody tried it out?

• madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 

Hi @singhnsk,

Good idea, and unfortunately I don't know. However, considering how "feature free" HMD's phones are when it comes to USB connectivity I would assume that it's not possible.

I hope that helps @Fakhar 746?

Cheers 🙂

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

Okayyyyyy! I checked it with my Nokia 7.2 and at least this device can do reverse charging. I was able to bring charge to my Nokia 2.2 xD

^ Screenshot of the notification.

• madbilly madbilly
    Super User  /  edited May 25

Nice work @singhnsk 😃

What cable adapter setup did you use? I don't think I've got what's needed to test with my Nokia 8.

Cheers 🙂

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  /  edited May 25

I just used the OnePlus USB Type-C to USB-A (female) OTG cable. I got it long ago. I used the Nokia USB-A (male) to Micro-USB (male) to connect the wire further to my Nokia 2.2.

The same setup works to connect USB mouse and keyboard to the phone 😊 Even the wireless ones. I used a Logitech wireless Mice in the screenshot below using the unifying adapter connected using the same OTG cable.

I'm unsure if Nokia 8 can do it. But i'll test it in my Nokia 7 (2017) tomorrow. Let's see how that one handles OTG. If that does, maybe 8 does too?

• madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 

Hi @singhnsk,

Did the Nokia 7 work? I don't have the cables I need to test with the 8.

Cheers 🙂

• FTBK FTBK
    ✭✭✭  /  edited July 8

*tries to power his PC via OTG*

*fails*

Somehow Zenfone 2 charges n7.2, but reverse situation isn't possible.

• madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 

Hi @FTBK,

Strange, maybe it depends which order you plug them in? The OTG cable tells the phone to be the host, so if you do it in a certain order maybe it determines which one is host.

Cheers 🙂