audio has distortion

After upgrading to Android 10 my audio has distortion 

audio has distortion

Shaaadel Shaaadel
✭✭  / 

After upgrading to Android 10 my audio has distortion 

Answers

• Since the update to 10 the audio is distorted and center Chanel is missing when I plug in my headphones in.

• DYD DYD
    ✭✭  / 

For me too. Any fix for this?

• Will Ivey Will Ivey
    ✭✭  / 

In my experience so far, games and apps like Dragalia Lost (to name one) have a crackly popping noise when playing them. YouTube and Google Play Music do not have this issue.

I found on Samsung forums that owners of the Samsung Galaxy S8 have been facing this issue since their Android Pie update (Yikes!). On there was a solution as well: turn off WiFi.

Turning off WiFi drastically reduces the crackling, but it's still there if you notice it.

I do have to commend HMD because they fixed the audio quality when using the headphone jack. Music (Google Play) sounded like garbage before, but now it sounds normal, so thank you so much for fixing that! Now please fix this! 🙏

• psd7817@gmail.com [email protected]
    ✭✭  /  edited January 2020

After updating my nokia 6.1 plus to android 10 it has distortion soun

• PRIMAL TECH PRIMAL TECH
    ✭✭  / 

I'm experiencing the same distortion issue but only in games.

• DYD DYD
    ✭✭  / 

Thats really big bug of android 10, Nokia must fix this. Whatsup audio messages is also distorted, verry frustrating 🙄

• Paul123 Paul123
     / 

Why would they offer an update that is flawed? Wheres the fix?

• inuush inuush
    ✭✭  / 

I also have this problem, whatsapp audio messages have a popping crackling noise to it, same for games such as Fire Emblem Heroes, happens with the speaker as well. Youtube is not affected.

• arytapermana arytapermana
    ✭✭  / 

The problem is i think came from Android 10, not a few Pixel Phone and another Android One phone have same issue.

I test the both speaker (bottom speaker also basically used for music or media and phone speaker at the top for voice calling). I found what's make sound distort is from top speaker. i use a simple app for activate and boost volume all output to the top speaker and all app using sound i test is crackling/distorted using top speaker, even music.

Maybe that's why some app like Whatsapp is distorted, i think the algorithm of the app is problem there, like Whatsapp algorithm maybe output default voice message is to top speaker but developer for optimizing app didn't want to make second algoritm to output the voice message with bottom speaker so they just have to continue voice message audio from top speaker where is distorted, to bottom speaker and the sound make more worse crackling/distorted.

or maybe it's just the problem of top speaker in android 10?

hope Google hear this.

• Kimble303 Kimble303
    ✭✭✭  / 

Installed Monument Valley 2 game.

It's totally impossible to play because of the huge sound problems caused by the phone.

Fix this!!!

• Pravi Sankar Pravi Sankar
    ✭✭  / 

WhatsApp audios is very noisy after the latest updation

• Rio98 Rio98
    ✭✭  / 

Its been three months since i have this sound distortion bug. Nokia must take a step to fix this bug. But instead I noticed something like the discussions regarding this topic is being removed from community. This sound distortion is really a annoying bug which will make you hate using your mobile. I hope they fix it soon for their faithful customers. Anyway for me no more Nokia products.

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

hopefully a maintenance release will be avaliable soon for 7.1

• Kimble303 Kimble303
    ✭✭✭  / 

Four months! And not a single bug fix for Android 10. This is un****ing unbelievable!

• djp2365 djp2365
    ✭✭  / 

I was also experiencing a bug with popping audio with downloads in BBC Sounds / iPlayer, WhatsApp audio messages and various games.

I received a software update from Nokia earlier this month, and it's fixed!

• Santh Santh
     /  edited May 28

After upgrading to Android 10 my audio has distortion, only when heard without a head/ear phone.

The phone doesn't have any issue while getting charged (cable connected) or when used with a head/ear phone. If I detach any of these cables, the sound gets distorted.

Mine is a Nokia 6.1 set. It's difficult to get incoming calls with ear phones. Will this get sorted soon.

• pnokio pnokio
    ✭✭  / 

You might want to post in the correct forum. You would find more help. Yours is a 6.1, this is the 7.1 forum.