[Moved] Nokia 7.2 to PC Laptop Hard Disc Pair Issue - NO HELP ANYWHERE !!!

Hello, I have upgraded from Nokia 7 Plus to Nokia 7.2 and extremely disappointed as I can't open phone directory on my pc anymore.

[Moved] Nokia 7.2 to PC Laptop Hard Disc Pair Issue - NO HELP ANYWHERE !!!

MJJ MJJ
✭✭  /  edited March 2020

Hello,

I have upgraded from Nokia 7 Plus to Nokia 7.2 and extremely disappointed as I can't open phone directory on my pc anymore.

There is no drivers, no support anywhere.

Several people have raised this issue, but no reply to their requests.

Could you please tell me what to do and how can I access my phone directories from my PC or laptop???

Tagged:

Comments

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  /  edited December 2019

Works fine for me. I don't mean to disregard your knowledge, but have you enabled the File Transfer USB option after connecting the phone to the PC. It will be in your notifications tray.

• MJJ MJJ
    ✭✭  / 

Hello, yes, I have worked it out myself.

There is a bug in software for Nokia 7.2. Could you please let developers know.

When I have connected Nokia 7.2 to pc for the first time it appeared as empty directory. Then, you need to go to phone settings, find USB file transfer and switch it on, BUT !!!

Even if you set up file transfer ON, it will switch it OFF every time you re-connect, it shouldn't be like that.

My last Nokia 7 Plus would connect automatically, offer options and definitely wouldn't change my setting to OFF by default.

People who don't understand settings jungle simply won't be able to find those options....

I think it should be changed to ON by default or offer options when you connect your phone to PC or laptop...

Cheers.

• MJJ MJJ
    ✭✭  / 

Please find USB settings on your phone when you connect and switch FILE TRANSFER ON.

The problem is, that you have to do it every time you connect your phone to your pc or laptop, as it will switch it OFF by default.

Please NOKIA correct this issue...

• Never had a mobile before. Why can't you say where "switch FILE TRANSFER ON" is to be found. Quite right that people who 'don't understand settings jungle 'won't be able to find options.

Think about those who unfortunately have been forced to purchase a mobile 'phone but have no knowledge of the technology - and no interest either.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  /  edited September 2020

I agree with both of you. A sensible setup should detect when a user connects a USB Cable and offer a simple popup "USB connection detected. Do you want to enable File Transfer mode?" with simple Yes and No as the options.

It used to be that way on the Nokia phones released in China. But for the global devices, they use the software as it is developed by Google. And Google has too much thought to finally decide that the file transfer option will be dumped down under the notifications.

• OT wan OT wan
    ✭✭  / 

go to developer options > default usb configuration > select file transfer