How to Choose Better SD cards?

Hello Nokia Fans, Today I would like to share information on How to Choose Better SD Card? Secure Digital (SD) is the standard for portable flash memory.

How to Choose Better SD cards?

Hello Nokia Fans,

Today I would like to share information on How to Choose Better SD Card?

Secure Digital (SD) is the standard for portable flash memory. If you have a digital camera, video camera, smartphone, or eReader, chances are you use SD cards.

Physical size

The SD card specification defines three physical sizes. The SD and SDHC families are available in all three sizes, but the SDXC and SDUC families are not available in the mini size, and the SDIO family is not available in the micro size. Smaller cards are usable in larger slots through use of a passive adapter.

SD Card Capacity

Secure Digital includes five card families available in three different sizes. The five families are the original Standard-Capacity (SDSC), the High-Capacity (SDHC), the eXtended-Capacity (SDXC), the Ultra-Capacity (SCUC).

*There are some 4 GB SD cards, but the official SD Association standard for SD type cards is a max capacity of 2 GB.

Comparison of SD card Speed Class Ratings

The standard for measuring SD card speed is in megabytes per second, notated as MB/s

Which Card to Choose?

Speed Class has a significant impact on price. The best way to check your device’s manual to find the recommended card speed. It’s never wise to choose a slower card than recommended, and selecting a faster card may not give you a performance boost, since your device may not support faster card speeds.

Hope you loved my article. More interesting information is waiting for you.

Comments