Android10

When can i update my3.1 phones?

Android10

When can i update my3.1 phones?

Answers

• Q2 2020

• My nokia 3.1 phone doesn't support Airtel VOLTE. AIRTEL customer team asked me to upade phone software with latest one but my phone already got Android 9 but still i didn't get Airtel VOLTE network. Nokia must release new update for this problem.

• Geo John Geo John
    ✭✭  / 

Please add Android 10 upadation, Nokia 3.1 phones can add screen recorder,data meter, improve camera options

• gladstone gladstone
    ✭✭  / 

and so the time goes by. is there a updated schedule for the nokia 3.1 android 10 update?

• Martin Njuguna Martin Njuguna
    ✭✭  /  edited August 2020

Good question. There appears to be no mention of a scheduled date or period

• chuss chuss
    ✭✭  / 

The Nokia 3.1 had the update scheduled for the end of the second quarter of the year, but it seems that we will receive Android 11 instead of Android 10 😶

• Obazda Obazda
    ✭✭  / 

chuss what is your source on this information?

• chuss chuss
    ✭✭  / 

@Obazda @Mr.SJ

Sorry it's just sarcasm, since we have not currently received Android 10 in our Nokia 3.1, everything indicates that we will receive Android 10 when Google is already launching Android 11.

It seems that the official launch of Android 11 may be at the end of this month, or in the month of September.

• HughJarsse HughJarsse
    ✭✭  / 

OK, so...Daughter has the 'cheapo' Nokia 1, yet has Android 10 for a few weeks now, yet, my 'more expensive' Nokia 3.1 still on 9.....??????????????

2nd Q/2020 is... April/May/June...Almost SEPTEMBER , and so far...Nothing...

Why waste money on the 'better spec' phone, only to be left behind by the cheaper, less spec models.....

Android one...apparently for BOTH models??? yet the '1' gets better service from Nokia.....go figure.... maybe my next phone will be from someone who keeps their promises.....(actions, NOT words!!)

• HughJarsse HughJarsse
    ✭✭  / 

1st September...........almost a YEAR after the release of Android 10, and Nokia 3.1 STILL waiting for this update..........

Android one program was 'supposed' to mean FASTER updates, as this was a more 'stock' OS, and therefore was easier to send out to users, as there is little or no 'manufacturer customisation'

Appears that Nokia are SLOWER than companies that add custom stuff to it!!!😒

• My guess is that the 3.1 hardware is overly 'challenging' OR the HMD software development team is not up to the task. Either way this is bad news for the existing customers. We're in tight spot. Time to move on to another phone brand.

• HughJarsse HughJarsse
    ✭✭  / 

So if the 3.1 doesn't get the 10 update, that blows holes in the 'android one' program, which was 'supposed' to give 2 years of updates, (including O/S) yet so far.....

Strangely, the nokia 1 (cheaper and less spec'd ) gets 10, so how does the 'hardware is over challenging' fit in? More like the 'development team' can't be arsed to do it, and Nokia aren't that worried...

Best way I know to lose customers, is to promise something, then not deliver it, and not say anything either.

If Nokia was a 'decent' company. they would at least admit they were not releasing 10 for the 3.1, otherwise they risk alienating other customers on other models who think that Nokia actually 'honour' their commitments (which clearly they DON'T)

• I fell for Nokia based upon my excellent experiences with their Windows Phones. But HMD is Not Nokia and I suspect that little former Nokia/Microsoft personnel are still working for HMD. It's a totally different company all together only using the same name.

I should have realised this earlier. There really was no justification for my loyalty. My bad.

• HughJarsse HughJarsse
    ✭✭  / 

Looking much like Nokia are not interested in adhering to the 'Android one' program now....taking money under false pretenses, surely??

Have contacted Nokia UK twice recently, and so far, not even had the decency of a reply.........Draw your own conclusions as to their 'commitment'

Android 11 due for release soon, and we haven't even had 10.

Cheaper Nokias have had 10, ......... This version is 'supposed' to be almost 'stock' android therefore needs very little adapting for use, so where the **** is it Nokia??????? Phones with more 'customised' versions are WAY ahead of us.........

Appears Nokia are 'all promise' and 'no action' ..