Android Beam is not available in Nokia 8.1

Android Beam is to share files using nfc. Is this available in Nokia 8.1 Android 10?

Android Beam is not available in Nokia 8.1

chaitanya chaitanya
✭✭  / 

Android Beam is to share files using nfc. Is this available in Nokia 8.1 Android 10?

Tagged:

Comments

• dray78 dray78
    ✭✭✭  / 

It's not in Android anymore.

Android 10 unfortunately dropped support for the Android Beam feature, which allowed you to quickly transfer data between devices simply by tapping them together. That's something I used all the time so I'm also pretty upset that the feature has been removed. Please join me in using Settings > About phone > Send feedback about this device to let the developers know how much we miss Beam.

By the way, the files and photos weren't actually transferred over NFC; NFC doesn't provide the necessary bandwidth for that sort of thing. Instead, NFC was just used to identify the two devices. Android then activated a WiFi Direct connection between the phones to facilitate the transfer. 

If you haven't already, you might want to try using the Files by Google app for offline transfer of files and images between devices. It uses the same WiFi Direct connection type... you just have to manually start the process through the app rather than by just bumping phones. It's not quite the same, but it will do in a pinch.