I don't think I'll buy Nokia again

I'm frustrated with so many issues on Nokia 7.1 after the update to Android 10. There are tons of posts reporting problems with this new OS.

I don't think I'll buy Nokia again

gonsvq gonsvq
✭✭  /  edited January 5

I'm frustrated with so many issues on Nokia 7.1 after the update to Android 10. There are tons of posts reporting problems with this new OS.

Honestly I'm surprised Nokia didn't take the time or resources to test it before. And what's even worse, Nokia staff solution for everything is that they tell you to hard reset the phone even when it doesn't solve anything, like if they didn't even care.

If they don't invest on their phones, I won't pay for Nokia anymore. >:(

Comments

• saisw saisw
    ✭✭  /  edited January 9

Downgrade to android 9 atleast until they fix the issues. I did at at the service centre, everything is 10x better now.

No crashing, freezing, sound distortion etc. Battery life is way better as well

• mehrdad.a mehrdad.a
    ✭✭  / 

me too, i never buy Nokia again. android 10 have many bugs and it's clear that they didn't test it before release.

+ if we look to 2019 smartphones we see very bad design, bad camera, no fingerprint under display, still pure android, so i think there is no place for a company like nokia in smartphone market.

• gonsvq gonsvq
    ✭✭  /  edited January 11

Is that something we can do ourselves? Because I don't think I'm close to any Nokia service centre...

• Waasay Waasay
    ✭✭  / 

Following, 👆️

Please let me know once you figure it too. 😅

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

All phones receiving a major OS upgrade will face bugs. The Xiaomi Mi A2 faces lots of them. Moreover, the Google's own Pixel phones were riddled with bugs when the update was first rolled out.

The fixes will happen in future Mrs. But it depends on Nokia about how fast they manage to get the MRs out. If they do it fast, then it will be all good.

• AtomHAF AtomHAF
    ✭✭  / 

I'm facing same problem with my nokia 6.1 plus. I'm getting 2 hours of battery life and my apps a crashing, I'm done with nokia they should have waited until the developers create a stable os android 10 is filled with bugs.

• pnokio pnokio
    ✭✭  / 

Except, the Pixel also had issues. Also remember, the Nokia runs Android One, so there isn't a lot that Nokia does to the OS. As for price, the price for the 7.1 was far from premium. It was a bargain.

I think so many of the posts here are ridiculous. Go buy a premium phone. You will of course also have problems, but you'll feel better because you spent more.

I saw so many posts saying, "When will we get OS 10? Nokia is horrible, other phones have it already." Others warned that other phones had bugs in the new OS. Now, Nokia delivered, and people are complaining about the very thing they were warned about.

My phone is working. There may be minor bugs, but they are related to apps not yet ready for Android 10. I honestly do not encounter any issues on a daily basis. I also know, that any bugs will be fixed in app updates, and future OS updates.

• drake alex drake alex
    ✭✭  / 

Nokia forever don't care what you say 😒

• gonsvq gonsvq
    ✭✭  / 

That shouldn't be my business. What I (and thousands of users) face is that the Nokia phone I payed for isn't working properly. And that's at the end the user experience: Nokia, not us, should have tested Android 10 worked on their devices before updating into it and they didn't. I wouldn't call it a good user experience.

• dray78 dray78
    ✭✭✭  / 

It's not true saying they didn't tested it. I don't face real bugs at this moment that makes my phone not working properly. Not every bug mentioned here on the community is really a bug.

Another thing on this community is that people don't read. If someone has an issue and has given an solution other people saying they have the same issue but don't read the already given solution. Or they open many topics about the same instead of checking if there is already a topic about that subject. So yes, then the problem seems bigger than it really is.

So not everything is Nokia's fault. Most "bugs" can be solved by the users them selves. By example a factory reset after a big upgrade. I do this for many years and worked fine for me so far.

And if you have a phone that really doesn't do well, bring it back to the store. Use your warranty. Complaining here won't solve anything.

• pnokio pnokio
    ✭✭  / 

I agree, the only, "bugs," I have experienced, seem to be app related. That being said, I cannot name anything not currently working on my phone at the moment. My audio sounds fine, the phone isn't slow, all seems to work. The only issue I have is when pinching to zoom in Instagram, the app will crash. I honestly do not see that as earth shattering, and I do not have that issue in any other app, so, app issue.

• DYD DYD
    ✭✭  / 

Whatsup audio messages works fine for u? Dont u have distorted sound like everyone else?

• Bigalt Bigalt
    ✭✭  / 

My phone is certainly slower. Not drastically buy noticeable since upgrade to 10. But then I never believed that it would be anything else. It's not as if it's a top end phone.

• Lazysince1995 Lazysince1995
    Super User  / 

It can be easily downgrade to android 9 anyone really feels annoying.

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Please do a factory reset and give the phone a couple of days to settle in before compairing battery life.

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

What is not working correctly for.you? It is impossible to 100 percent test software when the combination of app and user data is almost infinite. There are no major issues with the Android 10 build on Nokia 7.1 , some sound distortion on specific apps that some have seen and other have not so there is no major issues preventing you from using the phone.

• gonsvq gonsvq
    ✭✭  / 

The issues highlighted (noise on WhatsApp audio notes and other apps, freezes and delays on multitask...) Are still happening and Nokia didn't fix anything yet, 3 months after. Can we complain now?

Welcome to programmed obsolescence.

I payed for having a Nokia only for one year.

• gonsvq gonsvq
    ✭✭  / 

Almost March and Nokia didn't fix THEIR problem. Now it's not a guess: I will definitely NOT buy Nokia again.

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Sorry to hear that but beyond the sound issue in games and WhatsApp , there are no issues.

• Kalyan Prime Kalyan Prime
    ✭✭  / 

Buddy. I am using 7.2 with Android 9 version updated in January. This version too is buggy. Unlocking and Notification is too slow and not up to the mark of a 18k phone. My wife uses Huawei Honor 9 Lite with 3GB RAM and this runs much smoother than mine right now. Nokia didn't do enough homework.

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited February 28

Did you do anything like factory reset or use a different launcher ? The Nokia 7.2 has had updates

• bassem radwan bassem radwan
    ✭✭  / 

Man, don't said that every company have problems of software, and aslo If you buy Xiaomi you will get problems for the date and the display Its color is a little yellow.