AR Core is here

So, the Nokia 8 now has AR Core support and HMD delivered on their promise, awesome!

AR Core is here

LennartB LennartB
✭✭✭  /  edited August 5

So, the Nokia 8 now has AR Core support and HMD delivered on their promise, awesome!

So, has anyone been able to get AR Stickers to work in a modded GCAM app? If so please share how you did it :).

Comments

• terminusaquo terminusaquo
    ✭✭✭  / 

I had no idea that the Nokia 8 was now AR Core compatible so thankyou HMD/Nokia. I don't use the Google Camera app but I have tried it out with the Measure App that Google demonstrated at I/O this year and it works really well. As a side note AR Core also means that AR Kit apps can be ported to Android with very few changes and they will just work, I assume this works the other way as well.

• Really awesome that HMD has kept its promise. I have been trying to get the AR stickers working, but without any luck. If someone does find a way, do let us know in this thread
  • terminusaquo terminusaquo
    ✭✭✭  / 

AR Stickers is exclusive to the Pixel devices and whether it will make its way to other phones I don't know, oddly though the sticker packs are available.

• mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭  / 

I am not sure HMD had to do much, it seems that Google put the Nokia 8 on the AR Core compatible list so you could then go download the framework from Goole Play.

I haven't been able to get the stickers to work with a modded Google camera but i know my mate has on his Galaxy S6 so it must be possible.

• user1511456725119 user1511456725119
     /  edited August 7

Thanks for sharing that AR Core is available on the Nokia 8, I was not aware that it's already available, did it come with a monthly update?

However, I also got it working with AR Stickers :)

I use a GCam port from developer arnova8G2 . There is a collection of GCam ports on the site celsoazevedo.com. I am not sure if I am allowed to post links to the GCam ports directly, but when you google for arnova8G2 you should find a link to that site which contains a lot of GCam ports. I use the port "Arnova's v8.1". So I installed that. At the top of the page is a collection of Help topics. When clicking on "AR Stickers" you will find a detailed description how to proceed. I used "Method 1" and it worked!

Proof below :)

• Use moded version of AR stickers with latest MGC google camera. It work like charm
  • LennartB LennartB
    ✭✭✭  / 

Ok, got AR stickers to work with Arnova's port, since that one works best for me, MGC crashes in certain modes..

So :

1 : Install AR Core from Play Store

2 : Download and install Arnova's version marked in red from here : https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/

3 : Install this version of AR stickers : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bHHxuVTsH6Uv0aVdRJJsaYfwNJFuaBkl/view

4 : Enjoy AR Stikers on the Nokia 8 :).

Of course install APK's at your own risk.

• LennartB LennartB
    ✭✭✭  / 

Lol my comment finally got through after a while. Anyway user1511456725119's info is better, since the AR stickers version on that website is newer and improved from what i've linked.