Haven't received Android 10 update TA-1083

Been waiting for more that a day now for my phone to get the update but rn 😑😭 nothing yet, not sure what the issue is, in Africa Kenya Getting so agitated 😭

Haven't received Android 10 update TA-1083

Ruttoh Ruttoh
✭✭  / 

Been waiting for more that a day now for my phone to get the update but rn 😑😭 nothing yet, not sure what the issue is, in Africa Kenya

Getting so agitated 😭

Tagged:

Comments

• Chizoba Ojini Chizoba Ojini
    ✭✭✭  / 

I have not received my own update as well

• Faith Solomon Faith Solomon
    ✭✭  / 

Haven't received the andriod 10 update for my Nokia 6.1 plus...am greeting **** off for the wait maybe I just go back to my iPhone instead and yhu Nokia HMD claims yhur andriod one receives update a lot faster and I cants seem to understand that at the momemt...of iPhone releases an update all iPhone eligible for it will receive it as it's been released and not take years like this **** grab andriod one

• Hafeez Olamide Hafeez Olamide
    ✭✭  / 

I have been checking for update several times but still telling me *My device is up to date* Nokia 6.1pkus TA-1083. NOKIA please give us the update to Android 10 version globally. It's f**king cool. I 😍 it.

I am from Nigeria.....please

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

The updates are based on several factors, including your region and your operator. And from the release of an update, it will take several weeks to seed for all the regions.

There can be separate regional certifications and approvals required which result in the delay of updates to some regions. The Nokia 9 in India hasn't received Android 10 even after over a month since initial release.

• Dear Nokia, I really don't like the fact you guys are sidelining Nigeria. Been eagerly waiting for the Android 10 update, constantly refresh my system update. It's not fair o. Plus there are Limited Nokia care facilities in Nigeria. The reason why Tecno seems popular is because of Africa, mainly Nigeria. If you really want this brand to explode massively, come and establish yourselves properly in Africa, In Nigeria. Try it and see what happens.

• Trigger1 Trigger1
    ✭✭  / 

Is a a clear discrimination to we those in Africa. For some days now we haven't still received the update mean while others got the update few hours the update was released.

• Jude Otedo Jude Otedo
    ✭✭  / 

Force it using the Nokia Power User steps. That's what I did. I'm in Nigeria & I use sane Nokia TA1083.

• iamkfi iamkfi
    ✭✭  / 
  • Arthur Amatus Arthur Amatus
    ✭✭  / 

First of all, let's stay informed about I'm in Brazil and I live in it and so far nothing, friends from the Nokia group in Portugal said today that Android 10 hasn't arrived for them, it's not local (Nigeria), only India has received, it should come by batches or released a test for them (Large Population), but I want it before the end of January.

• Jude Otedo Jude Otedo
    ✭✭  / 

It didn't work for me the first day I tried it either, before I realized what I was doing wrong & retried. 

* First, I installed 'Free VPN Master' app from playstore.

Note: don't launch/open the app yet.

* I turned off the phone and remove the SIM cards.

* I turn the phone back on, turned off WI-FI & location.

* I went to settings - apps & notifications, clicked on 'show all apps', clicked on the three stacked dots on the top right, clicked on show system apps, and cleared first the cache and then the storage of each of the following apps:

A. Chrome 

B. Google

C. Google Play Services

D. Google Play Services for AR

E. Google Framework

F. Location Services

* I powered off the phone. I powered it back on.

* I turned on WI-FI & connected to a friend's hotspot.

* I now launched the Free VPN Master app, for the first time. After allowing the permissions, I clicked on fastest server, I scrolled down & clicked on India. Then, on the next screen, I clicked on the connect button.

* That's it! Now, go to settings - system - system update and you should see your Android 10 OS waiting to be downloaded.

• Jude Otedo Jude Otedo
    ✭✭  / 

It didn't work for me the first day I tried it either, before I realized what I was doing wrong & retried. 

* First, I installed 'Free VPN Master' app from playstore.

Note: don't launch/open the app yet.

* I turned off the phone and remove the SIM cards.

* I turn the phone back on, turned off WI-FI & location.

* I went to settings - apps & notifications, clicked on 'show all apps', clicked on the three stacked dots on the top right, clicked on show system apps, and cleared first the cache and then the storage of each of the following apps:

A. Chrome 

B. Google

C. Google Play Services

D. Google Play Services for AR

E. Google Framework

F. Location Services

* I powered off the phone. I powered it back on.

* I turned on WI-FI & connected to a friend's hotspot.

* I now launched the Free VPN Master app, for the first time. After allowing the permissions, I clicked on fastest server, I scrolled down & clicked on India. Then, on the next screen, I clicked on the connect button.

* That's it! Now, go to settings - system - system update and you should see your Android 10 OS waiting to be downloaded.

• Adrift Adrift
    ✭✭  / 

There are several factors which may affect the date you actually receive an update.

These factors include device model, region, location, operator approvals, and Google’s Security Patch Monthly Release announcement.

• iamkfi iamkfi
    ✭✭  / 

Thanks man it worked. I got my Android 10 update for Nokia 6.1 plus (TA-1083).

• carlos molinas carlos molinas
    ✭✭  / 

It worked for me too (TA-1083) but I have sounds problems with whatsapp (sounds really bad)

Youtube and instagram audios sounds just fine.

Someone have the same problem?

• Jude Otedo Jude Otedo
    ✭✭  / 

You probably are not doing it right. Follow the steps the way I outlined them & it'll work.

• Dapson Dapson
    ✭✭  / 

I got an Official update to android 10 in Nigeria last night, installed it and it's been smooth so far

• Trigger1 Trigger1
    ✭✭  / 

I got mine yesterday too am In Ghana

• Got mine too...so far so good

• roywhitmore55 roywhitmore55
    ✭✭  / 

Dear hmd Nokia global if you want people to buy your phone's don't you think you ought to deliver the update to Android 10 when you promise to do it it seems very difficult to me how you manage to get it so wrong when Samsung are already rolling out this updates for Android 10 on the S9 the note 9 and S9 plus now as my son received it yesterday this is the reason I stopped buying Nokia but I've bought one now a 6.2 as I was led to believe that it had now received Android 10 come on look here if you want to keep your customers get your act together

• carlos molinas carlos molinas
    ✭✭  / 

Hello,

I didin't see any date for the nokia 6.2 yet. So, where do you get that info?

By other hand. I have nokia 6.1 with android 10, it has problems with audio.

You are lucky, you will complain even more is you get an buggy update.