Home India

Android 10 - Now available on Nokia 6.1, Nokia 7 Plus, Nokia 6.1 Plus

https://twitter.com/i/status/1214894699032432640 Fans, We're so excited to announce that the Nokia 6.1 Plus, Nokia 7 Plus and Nokia 6.1 have now officially joined the list of Nokia smartphones running Android 10!

Android 10 - Now available on Nokia 6.1, Nokia 7 Plus, Nokia 6.1 Plus

dipankar paul dipankar paul
Staff member  /  edited January 9

Fans,

We're so excited to announce that the Nokia 6.1 Plus, Nokia 7 Plus and Nokia 6.1 have now officially joined the list of Nokia smartphones running Android 10!

That makes it five Nokia smartphones for consumers in India have received the latest Android OS since its official launch, after the Android 10 rollout to the Nokia 7.1 and Nokia 8.1 last month.

With this, Nokia smartphones maintain their position as leaders in fast OS updates and are once again at the forefront of the latest Android 10 deployment.

Fans upgrading to Android 10 will get to experience a whole host of new features, including:

Gesture Navigation: control of your Nokia smartphone just got slicker, with faster and more intuitive controls at the tip of your fingers

Smart Reply: receive even smarter responses in messages, not just wording but actions you can take

Privacy Controls: have even more control of your personal data all in one place, and control when your location is shared with your apps – be that always, just while in use, or never

Focus mode: block out distracting apps when you need to concentrate on what’s important (try it now in Beta)

Family Link: now part of the Digital Wellbeing settings, helping parents set digital ground rules for the whole family

More Nokia smartphones are in line to receive the latest Android 10 update. Stay tuned!

Comments

• Nirmal Katariya Nirmal Katariya
    ✭✭✭  / 

Also with bugs and many removed features.

I miss ambient display , Face unlock.

Brightness slider is broken in lockscreen.

Display goes black.

🙏😥And Bluetooth audio is very bad.

🙂And Thanks for butter smooth experience.

• MUSIYYAB MUSIYYAB
    ✭✭  / 

I that network error bug any one help. Near the clock 😔😔

• Wanderlust Wanderlust
    ✭✭✭  / 

Finally. Thank you Nokia for keeping promise.

After 3 days of use of Android 10 on my nokia 6.1 plus, I noticed few bugs and some of them got fixed right after factory reset and clearing app data.

Major bugs currently on my Nokia 6.1 plus Android 10 is contact search is not working for all contacts, some contacts are being missed.Music player Sound is little downgraded.

• Lazysince1995 Lazysince1995
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Android 10 on Nokia 6.1 plus is working fine and I really loved the total experience. Only few minor issues needs to be fixed and I hope it will be in next update.

I'm totally agree with @praveenp , Now we are expecting a really good update of Camera app by Nokia. I don't even remember whether it was updated since its launch or not.

Anyways thanks for this new year gift Nokia.

@dipankar paul

• Esperando la actualización para México, espero que este libre de esos errores que he leído en el foro.

Saludos

• [Deleted User] [Deleted User]
    ✭✭  / 

When Android 10 will be available for Nokia 7.2?

✭✭  / 

Lag issue with Nokia 7.2 when fixed?

✭✭  / 

Battery draining fast with Nokia 7.2 when it will fixed?

• Michael Beck Michael Beck
    ✭✭  / 

Will also the Nokia camera app be updated with android 10?

Greetings from Germany

• Ajay P Ajay P
    ✭✭  / 

I always wait for a bug fix update to be released after a major update before I upgrade my phone. So my Nokia 6.1 Plus is still waiting.

• Sharmaravi Sharmaravi
    ✭✭  / 

Speakers distortion problem.. Yes I'm facing this problem in my Nokia 6.1 ever since i updated it to Android 10

Nd there are other problems too:

-equilizer is not working, not even third party, play music's equilizer is also not working

-also battery optimization should be improved bcuz i was getting more screen on time when i was in android pie

-once my phone restarts itself nd the Nokia boot logo was flashing after 50-60sec. It starts but i was really shocked that why it happened so u need to look into its stability

-u need to improve camera performance, some years back,Nokia phones were known for their camera performace, the camera on my phone is nice I'm not complaining but the camera software should be improved because maximum times the pic came out blurry, but in gcam i never face this problem that means Nokia's camera software should be improved, IT'S SOO ANNOYING BCUZ AS IN ANDROID 10 I STILL DIDN'T FIND ANY STABLE GCAM ND I HAVE TO LIVE WITH NOKIA'S STOCK CAMERA APP ALONE 🥵

-👉 (MOST IMPORTANT) PLZ ENABLE vowifi(wifi calling), as many smartphone brands already enabled it so Nokia should also enable it ASAP if they want to dominate the smartphone market in india once again

-In dark mode, plz make settings page completely black or dark grey like the grey shade u can see in other Google apps(calender, keep etc.)

The grey shade in NOKIA'S settings page is not grey or black, it's kind of like greenish grey which don't compliments other Google apps as they have different shade of grey.. Plz consider this

I know Nokia team will fix maximum of these issues in upcoming security patch updates as i like their customer care support nd they really take our advice seriously, so i hope @HMD Global 3029 will fix all of these bugs..

-lift to check phone is not showing me ambient display after lifting phone, instead it is showing me my lockscreen.. Plz fix it @HMDLaura

• Thomas Cheptarus Kirotich Thomas Cheptarus Kirotich
    ✭✭  /  edited January 14

I am yet to receive android 10 upgrade on my Nokia 7 plus in Kenya😪😪😪

• iamkrishna08 iamkrishna08
    ✭✭✭  / 

@dipankar paul happy to receive it on 7 Plus.

• er.photo er.photo
    ✭✭  / 

Can't you ask your all questions in single thread? Why you post different comments for asking questions related to same phone.

• Updating here in Madrid,Spain... Thanks...

• Nokia 7 Plus....

• Hate bug Hate bug
    ✭✭  / 

Poor software quality,the phone already set the language to Traditional Chinese.

But,the OTA information still use the incorrect term "軟件升級”

Then the other Nokia phone likes Nokia 8.1 display the correct term "軟體升級”

In Taiwan,the correct term is "軟體“ not "軟件”

• Rahull Rahull
    ✭✭  / 

1.Speakers distortion problem.facing this problem in my Nokia 6.1 ever since i updated it to Android 10

2.-battery optimization should be improved bcuz i was getting more screen on time when i was in android pie

3 Bluetooth device not connecting properly. My sony **** xb30 specker got disconnected when playing when i stop playing song device connected.

i was really shocked that why it happened so u need to look into its stability

• Hello, after android 10 update below are my findings,

1. Wifi router connects automatically after two reboot.

2. Search is not working contacts as it was working android 9.

3. Message app dark mode was getting enabled from the app itself now i have to enable dark mode from display settings then dark mode.

4. Apk installation are not working.

Battery drains up fast to 40%.

Please do take care in next update.

Regards

Swapnil

• Tweed Tweed
    ✭✭  / 

I don't have this update on my Nokia 6.1

• Tweed Tweed
    ✭✭  / 

I have a Nokia 6.1 in the UK...

My last update was on November 1st 2019

I still run android 9.

I feel left out.

• Left Handed Left Handed
    ✭✭  /  edited March 19

After updating Nokia 6.1 plus to Android 10 I can't even play Mobile Legends on a 6 Gb ram.I factory reseted my phone and installed only mobile legends yet I still can't play the game is very laggy on the lowest setting and doesn't run smooth at all the game runs kida stuck stuck while some people run the game smoothly on 2gb ram and on lower processor than mine😞 and there's a cracking sound too and can't pull down notification bar too.

I'm quite dissatisfied with the phone...

• Sumitgangwar Sumitgangwar
    ✭✭  / 

A Big Thanks For Giving Us A Buggy Android 10

Sound quality patar patar i listion everyday i am enjoying it

Network issue

screen some time just Black black

Data connection every 5 minute off on

WiFi on off

I thanks for trastable nokia