What is HMD's new "services team"?

Hi all, I see that HMD are are advertising for some product developers of "services" to join their "newly established service team".

What is HMD's new "services team"?

madbilly madbilly
✭✭✭✭  / 

Hi all,

I see that HMD are are advertising for some product developers of "services" to join their "newly established service team". What new services will this new team work on and provide? Will they be for us, end users, or for businesses?

They are also looking for a product manager of "connectivity", which is a bit vague, but the description suggests it will be mainly working with network operators, who are their main clients.

So, what do you think they're up to? Anything exciting?!

Cheers 🙂

Tagged:

Comments

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Well, I think we now know the answer, at least partially: https://www.hmdconnect.com/.

Cheers 🙂

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

So, the known person of my friend who said they were doing something about being an "operator" happened to be right. At that time, I was almost debating with him that such a thing ain't happening and HMD is into phones only.

It seems HMD has a new-found love into the enterprise market. The HMD connect facility is something which usually these regular business travelers will need. Because as for casual tourists, they are better off buying a local SIM card in the country they visit.

The deeper dive into enterprise makes me feel insecure though. Most companies which become too serious about enterprise end up disappearing from the consumer space.

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

I don't think that HMD will ditch the consumer space, after all the Nokia brand is more about people than businesses, but I think they'll use the HMD brand for more business facing things.

Cheers 🙂