Get fit with your Nokia Phone

New year, new me. A lot of people have the New Year resolution to get fit, but gym membership, personal trainer and equipment can be expensive.

Get fit with your Nokia Phone

HMDLaura HMDLaura
Staff member  / 

New year, new me. A lot of people have the New Year resolution to get fit, but gym membership, personal trainer and equipment can be expensive. And sometimes it is just so much more comfortable to stay at home. Luckily, your Nokia phone can be the perfect fitness coach. Just download a suitable fitness app for you and get started - no matter where you are. Not sure which one to take? Well, we had a look at some of them to help you decide. 

8fit 

Not much time to work out? 8fit is your light in the dark. They offer 10-15 minutes effective workouts you can do just everywhere. No matter if you are a beginner or a pro, you will find workouts you like. And since a healthy lifestyle is only achieved with the right nutritions 8fit also offers nutrition plans. 

FitOn 

No money, no fitness? Not with FitOn. This app is free. Like free, really free. It offers exercises in the range from HIIT to yoga and dance classes. Get fit with your favorite exercises! 

Yoga I Down Dog

You are into yoga, but you don't like to do the same routine over and over again? With Down Dog, you can customize every part of the routine, be it length, body part focus, instructor or speed. 

Sports Tracker

As an already active person, Sports Tracker helps you keep up with all your exercises. Add your activities and get immediate analysis, check out your sports diary and share your results on different social media platforms! 

Now it's your turn. Tell us what app helps you to keep fit?

Comments

• chiraggohil chiraggohil
    ✭✭✭  / 

@HMDLaura Wow.. thats interesting thread 👏👏👏 good on

• iamkrishna08 iamkrishna08
    ✭✭✭  / 

It's helpful. Thank you for sharing @HMDLaura After all health is wealth.

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Hi @HMDLaura,

Great idea! For those long-term Nokians amongst us Sport Tracker should be familiar! 😃

I would also recommend HERE WeGo maps to help us all find walking routes as part of our daily commute, since walking is one of the easiest ways to stay fit. This app will also be familiar to long-term Nokians 😁

Maps.me is also a great app for walking and hiking as it often includes non-road routes, where other map apps often miss them out (it uses OpenStreetMap data, so you can even add your own routes to the source to help others).

If you like OpenStreetMap then there are many apps which use its data. OSMAnd is an incredibly powerful one and includes modules for hiking, cycling, etc, if you can work out how to use it 😉

Getting fit in only part of the battle, staying fit is the other, and for that the best thing is to stay active at work. We can set alarms on our phones to remind us to get up and move around at least once per hour.

Finally, to keep entertained whilst exercising podcasts are my preferred method - I use AntennaPod.

Cheers 😀

• Fatta Fatta
     / 

Interesting I like that

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

I use my AmazFit watch and its app to record my fitness activities (which are mostly only steps walked) :P

I wish Nokia/HMD entered smartwatches section to suit the needs of those into tracking fitness using wearables. Also, since it is Android and background apps can sometimes not perform as well, it would have been way nicer to have a basic fitness setup inbuilt into the ROM. :)

• GTR12 GTR12
    ✭✭✭  / 

And this is why Nokia don't update the software on their phones or provide improvements to certain areas of the phone *cough* camera cough

You're too busy making stupid discussions and are paid by the app devs to market their products.

• imshrija imshrija
    ✭✭  / 

Absolutely. Being a fitness freak, to track down my fitness mobile will definitely play an important role.

• I am using Nokia 6.1 plus and i have android 10.1 but it does not support fonts sysytem in it

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Android 10 only allows access to 1 more font. You can find the font and accent color option in: Settings => System => Developer Options at the very bottom of the list.