Get fit with your Nokia Phone

New year, new me. A lot of people have the New Year resolution to get fit, but gym membership, personal trainer and equipment can be expensive.

Get fit with your Nokia Phone

HMDLaura HMDLaura
✭✭✭✭  /  edited March 2020

New year, new me. A lot of people have the New Year resolution to get fit, but gym membership, personal trainer and equipment can be expensive. And sometimes it is just so much more comfortable to stay at home. Luckily, your Nokia phone can be the perfect fitness coach. Just download a suitable fitness app for you and get started - no matter where you are. Not sure which one to take? Well, we had a look at some of them to help you decide. 

8fit 

Not much time to work out? 8fit is your light in the dark. They offer 10-15 minutes effective workouts you can do just everywhere. No matter if you are a beginner or a pro, you will find workouts you like. And since a healthy lifestyle is only achieved with the right nutritions 8fit also offers nutrition plans. 

FitOn 

No money, no fitness? Not with FitOn. This app is free. Like free, really free. It offers exercises in the range from HIIT to yoga and dance classes. Get fit with your favorite exercises! 

Yoga I Down Dog

You are into yoga, but you don't like to do the same routine over and over again? With Down Dog, you can customize every part of the routine, be it length, body part focus, instructor or speed. 

Sports Tracker

As an already active person, Sports Tracker helps you keep up with all your exercises. Add your activities and get immediate analysis, check out your sports diary and share your results on different social media platforms! 

Now it's your turn. Tell us what app helps you to keep fit?

Comments

• chiraggohil chiraggohil
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

@HMDLaura Wow.. thats interesting thread 👏👏👏 good on

• krishnasnapshots krishnasnapshots
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

It's helpful. Thank you for sharing @HMDLaura After all health is wealth.

• Fatta Fatta
    ✭✭  / 

Interesting I like that

• imshrija imshrija
    ✭✭  / 

Absolutely. Being a fitness freak, to track down my fitness mobile will definitely play an important role.

• I am using Nokia 6.1 plus and i have android 10.1 but it does not support fonts sysytem in it

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

Android 10 only allows access to 1 more font. You can find the font and accent color option in: Settings => System => Developer Options at the very bottom of the list.

• madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 

I just found another nice hiking app which uses OpenStreetMap: Trekarta https://trekarta.info/ It also shows skiing routes too! ⛷️

😀

• Banana12 Banana12
    ✭✭  / 

I have that app! It is really helping me. who else has the app?

• madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 

Hi @Banana12, which app?

Cheers 🙂

• Eli Simeon Eli Simeon
    ✭✭  / 

Can someone tell me why Nokia has to use more than 70% of my internal memory for their own app and leave me with less than 30%. I cant say I bought 16gig memory device.. cos I only have access to 4gig.. Nokia please look into this

• Eli Simeon Eli Simeon
    ✭✭  / 

I love my Nokia but am not happy about the guy that used 10gig about of my device internal memory to run their program. I am left with less than 6 gig.. feel like crying.

• madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 

Hi @Eli Simeon,

Which app is taking up all that space?

Cheers 🙂

• kimobaksh38 kimobaksh38
    ✭✭  / 

I'm looking for an Android phone that has several rare properties combined:

• Not too wide - I'm replacing a 75.2mm-wide phone that was uncomfortable for me to hold, so I want something more narrow
    • Has NFC
    • Has Android One or just stock Android
    • Cost around $200-300

Frankly, I don't see much choices outside of Nokia products - most other phones fail either to have NFC (Meizu) or pure Android (most everything else) or are too large and cost too much.

Thing is, none of Nokias are the exact fit, too. 3.1 is a bit too low-end, 5.1 lacks NFC, 6.1 and 7 are way too big and 8 is out of the price range (though it has everything else).

I guess I want someone to convince me that Nokia 3.1 is a good enough phone for light everyday use: phone, maps, browsing, Telegram. No games and no watching video. The main thing I want is snappy basic OS UI - nothing is more infuriating than stuttering contact list, or dialer app that takes too long to open. Can 3.1 handle that with Oreo 8.1, and, going forward, with Pie?

Alternatively, I'm open to other suggestions, though I don't expect many (somebody already suggested Essential Phone to me, but it's not sold in my country, and even Amazon refuses to deliver it here).

• kimobaksh38 kimobaksh38
    ✭✭  / 

Now, I too am heavily invested in Nokia, I own a limited edition Steel and a Body+ Scale. Including HMD phones, I am perhaps too loyal.

However, I feel I should defend at least a one thing: their scales are probably amongst the best, mine always sync well with the app and Google Fit.

As for your assessment on the watches, I agree. I got a free replacement for my Steel and I feel extra nervous doing anything physical with it on (which ruins the point of an activity tracker).

I've recently purchased a Nixon Mission watch and I've come to realize that it is what Nokia should have done. Focused on durability and smart functionality. Trying to win us over by style was meaningless. https://omegle.onl/

• hey there, i have a phone provided by my company @nokia 7.1plus. and some how its camera not working.

Escalate this issue to my company www.suprams.com they lodge a request but did not get any response till now

may i now how to close that request.

• jamesdon jamesdon
    ✭✭  / 

I actually use the Xiaomi Mi Band 4 and it has worked flawlessly with the Nokia 3.1 Plus, no connection issue or Bluetooth phone battery drain. You'll actually need the Mi Fit app to be able to sync the data from the watch to your phone, but, the Mi Fit app also allows your data to be synced to the Google Fit if you link your Google account to the app omegle.

I'll gladly get the Xiaomi Mi Band 5 once it's available cos it'll have upgraded specs and features. But for now I'm using the Mi Band 4 and it works well with my Nokia 3.1 Plus.

• Hi

I LOVE NOKIA PHONES

• KabirFeat KabirFeat
     / 

Currently, I am also investing a lot in Nokia, I have a limited edition of Steel and Body + Scale. Considering HMD phones, I can be too faithful.

Be that as it may, I think in any case, I need to protect something specific: its scale is most likely one of the best, mine are consistently well in sync with the app and Google Fit. ome tv

As for your assessment of the watch, I agree. I got a free trade on my steel, and I really want to do something physical with it (which destroys the place of the motion tracker).

I recently bought a Nixon Mission watch and realized that this is what Nokia had to do. Focused on power and great utility. Trying to win over us with style was pointless.

• Edgar.A. Edgar.A.
    ✭✭  / 

NOKIA PROVE ACTION !!! IN WORDS YOU ALREADY COULD NOT 3 TIMES !!! RETURN PART OF THE MONEY BY THE BUYER AS A COMPENSATION FOR FALSE PROMISES OF NOKIA 5.3 FALSE PROMISES SO AND NOT ONCE BUT 3 -4 SHAME REALLY SHAME!

*************** ALL NOKIA 5.3 BUYERS PLEASE VOTE FOR THIS FOR NOIKA TO REFUND AT LEAST 50% OF YOU FALSE FUNCTIONS FOR 3 YEARS ALREADY PLEASE WE SHOULD NOT LEAVE IT SO! LET NOKIA DO IT AND THEN WILL NOT LIE ANYMORE AND EVERYTHING WILL BE IN SUCCESS************

• o pb o pb
     / 

I ordered the x20 on the internet. On 07/14 my package was in transit by DHL in Cologne, it was lost or damage.

We are 07/26, Nokia did not even follow up on my order, refunded? Shipping a new package?

You realize this amateurism, more than 10 days without decision.