Nokia 8.1 Android 10 Build Number

My model is TA-1121,Last month my device was android 10 build number 00WW_4_15B_SP03 with Dec 19 Security Update,, Due to issues i went to the service center they provided a built 00WW_V5_15B..

Nokia 8.1 Android 10 Build Number

Sasi4395 Sasi4395
✭✭  / 

My model is TA-1121,Last month my device was android 10 build number 00WW_4_15B_SP03 with Dec 19 Security Update,, Due to issues i went to the service center they provided a built 00WW_V5_15B.. September update,, till now 2 days no updates came ..???? What is the different between two builds 00WW_V4_15B / 00WW_V5_15B??

Tagged:

Answers

• Sasi4395 Sasi4395
    ✭✭  / 

S*t no one answering my question?

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Hi, where are you from? The 5xx release channel is only for Russia due to a license restriction on the maximum Android One phones which can be sold in the market.

And yes, it is slower to recieve updates as it doesn't fall under the Android One monthly update assurance. It should directly be updated whenever a MR is released.

There hasn't been a maintenance release so far since the Android 10 upgrade and that's why the bugs were still there. Plus, I believe the 5xx release channel will still face the similar bugs.

• David O2020 David O2020
    ✭✭  /  edited January 29

Exactly the same thing has happened to me. Got my 8.1 back from the service centre today and firmware is on 00WW_5_15B September 2019 and is not updating. I'm in the uk

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited January 29

WTH! What is Nokia service doing there?! Just because they found a release with a bigger number, they start flashing it to all phones?!

The 3xx and 5xx release is for Russia where HMD had to sell non-Android One branded phone due to some Russian regulation based on the maximum number of Android One phones which can be sold in an year. So, it has minor software differences and will not be as maintained as the standard 2xx and 4xx releases for global users.

You should really send it back to them and ask them to flash any 2xx firmware if they do not have the full package for the 4xx firmware.

• I have Buildnr 00WW_2_59J_SP03 and i am stil on android 9 and SP October. Is that normal? All the Nokia 8.1 are on Android 10 but iam not

• Eveod Eveod
    ✭✭  / 

I also have buildnr 00WW_2_59J_SP03.

Asked Nokia support but did not got a very satisfying answer they basically said that I need to be patient.

My wife's Samsung an android 9. Phone still got the monthly security updates and it is not an android one phone. I thought I made a better choice by buying this phone. An mistake ?

• samoht samoht
    ✭✭  / 

Here exactly the same...

Bought my 8.1 in august, received Android 10 and every month the latest security updates.

Did the phone to the service center because of a hardware fault, received it back with Android 10 but still on September security update so definetly something has changed since the repair. (I'm not located in Russia)

I'm on build number 00WW_5_15B

(did Google search on the build number to verify the problems with the security updates and I'm not the only one apparently...)

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Ehhh once again? The 5xx branch is for Russia only. Please ask the care to flash the 4xx or 2xx release.

• samoht samoht
    ✭✭  / 

I will leave it like that... Can't miss my phone due to work.

In the early days we had Nokia Suite (or something like that...), can't we hard update via the PC with any software perhaps?

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Unfortunately, there's no consumer centric tool to flash the software on the Nokia phones now. Only care center has the authorized OST LA accounts to flash these phones.

• My phone is also back from the service center. And also I went from Buildnr 00WW_2_59J_SP03 to Buildnr 00WW_5_15B with the September security patch where I had October earlier. Hurray the service center in the Netherlands.

• pjangra pjangra
    ✭✭  / 

any way to move back to indian region build. Went to nokia service center again today to get build updated, but their excuse that Server is not up we can not flash new build.

@HMDLaura can you help here ?