Nokia 9 not updating to android 10

Hi all, I have a Nokia 9 pure view phone running Android 9, with the November security patch. The phone has still not received the update to Android 10.

Nokia 9 not updating to android 10

Pranav Lal Pranav Lal
✭✭  / 

Hi all,

I have a Nokia 9 pure view phone running Android 9, with the November security patch. The phone has still not received the update to Android 10. What should I do?

The phone's model number is TA1087. The Android build number is 00WW_4_27D_SP03. The device is Google play certified and I am able to update applications without problems.

Note:

I am writing from India.

Pranav

Comments

• Eddie reddie Eddie reddie
    ✭✭  / 

I have a Nokia 1 which has the same problem, although I think dat it doesent update as is too cheap

• Pranav Lal Pranav Lal
    ✭✭  / 

Hi,

I checked Google and the nokia 1 will get its android 10 in 2020. The problem here is that the Nokia 9 already has gotten the Android 10 update except for the TA1087 model.

• I have the same problem with my nokia 9, TA 1087. there's no security patch update since November and and my enterprise access will be stopped after January due to outdated security patch level. why is this happening ? Nokia please understand we are loyal customers here and every phone i ever bought has been a nokia. I think this would be my last phone from you. it's better to buy a pixel or a one plus.

every time i contact a customer support or any social media they don't respond properly.

• Pranav Lal Pranav Lal
    ✭✭  / 

Hi, I have found a solution to the updating issue and have blogged about it. See my post at the following link. https://techesoterica.com/?p=1211

I cannot tell why the problem is occuring or what Nokia is thinking by not issuing updates to this phone.

• Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

This is because major updates are rolled out in phases. It also requires approvals from different operators from different regions and markets. This takes time. But I feel, the update rollout for Nokia 9 PureView has been paused for now and will start receiving the update very soon. :)

• amal joe amal joe
    ✭✭✭  / 

Did this work for you? did you receive the January update afterwards?

• jatana jatana
    ✭✭  /  edited February 21

What the **** is going on ??????

Nokia 9 still on android 9 with November patch

Where is promise of 3 year regular update

Shame on u nokia

I waste my hard earned money on nokia 9

Don't break faith of people

I choose nokia 9 ta 1087 for ur regular update

But ab lagta hai ki musje isko kachre main hi dal dena chahiye

✭✭✭✭  / 

So you can throw a phone bought with your hard earned money but can't wait for the update? 🤣🤣

And, just because it hasn't received Android 10 means it is bad? I have a Nokia 9 PureView too and I would prefer waiting for the stable Android 10 update and not request them to roll out a buggy Android 10 build to Nokia 9 PureView users.

Just wait for the update.

• Ishrat Parween Ishrat Parween
    ✭✭✭  /  edited February 21

Dude it's a flagship and hence @jatana anger is justified . Well @jatana nokia 9 pureview is just a bad phone u should haven't purchased it at the first place . U should have gone for OnePlus if u cared about updates and also oxygen os is the best Android UI

✭✭✭✭  /  edited February 21

Do you have a Nokia 9 PureView OR are you judging the phone just based on the reviews? It definitely isn't a bad phone. Yes, it has issues and bugs in the camera app but overall the phone works fine. Yeah, for the price it should be a lot better but it isn't a bad phone like you are saying. Also, Oneplus just can't match the camera quality of the Nokia 9 PureView. Coming to updates, Nokia 9 will get all the promised updates. Sometimes, it gets late so what's wrong in waiting.

✭✭✭  /  edited February 21

Judging the Nokia 9 pureview on reviews ? Dude how many reviews are even available on YouTube of this device . No popular YouTuber have even reviewed the Nokia 9 pureview because no one cares about that smartphone with gimmicky 5 camera setup because no one knows what these five cameras can do which a single camera can't ? Plus the front design isn't modern either . Powered by outdated Snapdragon 845 . Poor camera experience . Takes years to capture pictures . And u say that OnePlus can't compete with cameras available on the pureview well do u have any proof of that ? Accept the fact that nokia 9 pureview was just an experiment from HMD which they made available to the public which they should haven't . This should have been marked as a concept as other concept devices like OnePlus concept one vivo apex and others . Even hmd thinks that penta camera setup working at the same time using light technology is not worth it . As the latest nokia 9.2 pureview leaks suggest that nokia is ditching the use of light technology .

• amal joe amal joe
    ✭✭✭  / 

I believe it has got something to do with our region. Update was released, We are not getting it!

His method worked for me. If you feel desperate enough to take risk, or feel like throwing the phone away 😂; you may try it.

• amal joe amal joe
    ✭✭✭  / 

Actually most of em have reviewed the phone; Arun Maini, Zack, Austin, the verge, Android Authority and some proff photographers. some even compared it to phones like iPhone XS. We know there are a lot to complain like fingerprint sensor, battery life and irregular updates. Apart from that, no one complained about image quality. They also liked the build, features, the screen. I know the camera app is quite slow, you can use open camera or Footej for some quick shots. Turn on the double press to launch camera gesture and select them as default. And when you need a better photo, you can use the Nokia camera app. 🤷🏽‍♂️

✭✭✭✭  / 

Have you used it? Have you experienced it? Have you faced all those bugs? You are just saying what you have read on the internet and I too agree with it. The camera app is slow, has a few bugs. The finger print scanner somrtimes works like a charm and doesn't work half the time. But the face unlock does the job. Most bug youtube channels covered Nokia 9 PureView in February and their major complaint was the slow camera (which is due to large amount of data being processed) and the fp scanner.

Nokia 9 PureView was marketed as a phone for photographers and those who post process the photos they capture and Nokia 9 PureView does it really very well. No current smartphone can come close to the quality produced by this device.

What those 5 cameras can do? A lot that a single cam can't. Just compare the dynamic range of shots taken using a 9 PV with shots from any other flagships and you will see the difference. Combining 5 images or more takes time and that's what 9PV does which is why the camera app feels a bit slow. But, it doesn't stop you from clicking more images. You can click more images while the captured images are being processed in the background. And no it doesn't take "years"bto capture images.

Now, here's the design part. Design should be practical while being modern. A camera phone should have a different design. The top and bottom bezels of the 9PV help in getting the grip while capturing photos. I can hold that bezel whereas on a full screen display it would be impossible. There are different use cases and this device feels a lot more practical. 🙂

I don't believe in rumours. I have also seen rumours that say Nokia Mobile is working on Nokia 9's successor that will have 6-7 cameras. Only time will tell what the of 9PV successor will be like. Nokia 9 PureView took a unique approach and it did work. They tried to improve the qualuty of photos produced by a smartphone. Even gcam hdr shots fail to impress when compared to shots taken from Nokia 9 PureView. 😊

✭✭✭  / 

You first mentioned that the camera is better than that of OnePlus , i asked for proof u didn't provided . Now u are saying that even gcam HDR fails to impress when compared to shots taken from pureview .. lol 😂. Ur nokia 9 pureview can't stand any where in cameras when compared to top flagships like huwaei p30 pro , pixel 3 or even iphone 11

✭✭✭  / 

Well the point i made at the start is that the pureview is a bad phone and seems like @Kartik Gada and @amal joe itself justifying my point by mentioning the issues . Even the camera as @amal joe mentioned no one complained about it . even if no one complained about the quality doesn't mean it's great or extraordinary or something out of this world .

✭✭✭✭  /  edited February 22

This. You just don't want to believe the users. Just go and search for images taken with Nokia 9 PureView then think again.

✭✭✭✭  / 

I have Nokia 9 PureView and I have compared the images with gcam and 9pv has performed better. I don't have to show you proofs. I know it. You don't to believe that's your choice. But have you compared the all these phones yourself to pass your judgement that the Nokia 9 PureView is bad?

Anyways, I am out of this discussion. Peace ✌️

✭✭✭  / 

Ok bro if u are happy with ur phone then who i am to interfere 😊 . But everyone has its own opinion . That's it . Peace out 🙃

• amal joe amal joe
    ✭✭✭  / 

What I noticed is that, N9PV takes HDR photos all the time and within same time taken for a normal (non HDR) shot. What other phones (like in pixel for eg) what they do is to take multiple images one after another which means there is a minute delay b/w shots. So if we try to take HDR photos involving fast moving subject, or inside a fast moving vehicle, image would be blurred. In this phone 5 images are taken at same time.